What's new

Just received my denon 1803!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
Well i just got my denon 1803 hooked up...Im running it through some very cheap speakers till i can afford to order my energy c7s..The amp sounds very very clean and good.i like that..the only thing that bothers me,is that it doesnt seem like its powerfull enough..a little under power..this might be due to my speakers,i dont know...

stan

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At 80 watts per channel into an 8-ohm load across the entire audio range with all channels driven, you should be able to drive just about any commonly available speaker system. The 1803 is a nice little box.

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
The more i play with this receiver,the more i like it...you cant beat it for the $..I think im going to go with the energy c9 speakers...

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Just got this receiver myself. This is my first venture into a real home theater system and have become extremely intrigued by it all. And can say that I am very pleased with this system so far! As of now I am short on cables and real speaker wire...

Currently, I have a set of low end Bose speakers that I have had stored away for a while that I am using as my fronts. But plan on picking up a Polk CSi40 center speaker and a set of Polk RTi70B towers in the near future.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Stan,

With better speakers, the Denon 1803 will really shine for you.

Since you recently purchased it, you might want to make sure the 2nd zone outputs work. On my AVR-883 (1803 equivalent) - I could not get the 2nd zone to work. I even called Denon's support line to work through the issue.

If you never plan on using the 2nd zone outputs, then don't worry about it. However, if you think you might use them some day, then you might want to ensure they work before the return period on your receiver expires.

Good luck with your 1803 - it's a fine receiver.

Glenn Mcc

Grip
Stan I purchased the 1803 about a month ago hooked it up to some old speakers and it sounded like a clock radio. Then I went a purchased some energy take 5.1 speakers and it sounds GREAT!!!!!!!

Very clear clean sound great with music and movies!!!!!

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
Glenn,
I ve got mine hooked up to a set of speakers from a mini shelf system.its wired with 22guage wire.it actually sounds pretty damn good.i will be ordering my energy c9s in roughly a week.we will see if i can get some more power out of the amp with some better speaker wire and the c9s...

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
Cool,
I am also deciding between the avr 1803 or the onkyo tx-sr600. I think it's becuase of the speakers you are feeling a lack of power.

What do you Denon AVR 1803 owners give it out of 10? And why?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks