Just put Def Tech BP 30's on the selling block..in need of bookshelf..

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Keir H, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

or monitor speakers to replace them since I am having to go small when my girlfriend and I move in together soon. She mentioned that I could sell them for those "tiny cute little speakers" (you know the ones) [​IMG] :td So....I am in need of a recommendation of some well regarded musical bookshelf speakers that would also do the job well for my HT habits. Assuming I could get these sold, I could add money to get what's rec'd. from you guys. Looking to spend around $800.
    I've heard KEF......like em
    Tannoy....cool but too foward.
    B&W...spoiled by N805 (overbudget)
    Dynaudio A52.....love em (not much of a looker though)
    NHT
    Paradigm, others..
    What could be a steal IYO for $800?
    thanks everyone! I need help fast!

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I'd get a new girlfriend! [​IMG]
    You could take a look at the smaller Def Techs if you liked the BP-30's. Pro Monitors or something?

3. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Haha thanks Kevin, but the girl stays [​IMG] Really, I like the Def Tech's and most people would agree that this is their best speaker. It has all the benefits of the driver package of the BP2000/3000TL lines but w/o the built in powered sub. I don't like the Pro Monitor series either. I am actually looking to go to a different "sound" if you will. I want something more detailed but smooth (Dynaudio) but without breaking the bank. I will go used if a deal is to be made! [​IMG] I guess I'll scour audioreview classifieds.

4. JasonWUC

JasonWUC Agent

We're in the same boat!

I also want to ditch my BP-30s and go for some bookshelves. However, my wife doesn't really care what I get as long as she approves the price. Before we got married, she knew that HT was a serious hobby of mine and doesn't really mind as long as it doesn't cost too much.(For this, I am truly thankful)
    Her view is "So what? It's a box that makes sound."

5. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I dumped my BP10's for Polk LSI-9s[4], and never looked back.
    A far more superrior speaker IMO, for less then I paid for the Def Techs.
    I got them from an online store for about $700 shipped/pair.However don't forget to calculate for stands as well.Mine were $100/pair made by Plateau.