Just purchased Hitachi 43UWX10B and screen image is alittle crooked.......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derick Alba, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Derick Alba

Derick Alba Extra

Is the TV defective and needs to be returned or will this be fixed if I get it calibrated?
    thanks

2. Scott_E

Scott_E Stunt Coordinator

I believe there are several menu's where you can change the screen image. Now with it being crooked i'm not sure, but try to magic focus option to see if that works. This may not do anything helpful, but its worth a try. Where did you get the TV from?

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

How crooked is "crooked"? Specifically, how many inches off of level if you use a central crosshair as reference? Slight deviations from square are pretty common, among other geometry errors. If you're worried and the set is new exercise your right to a replacement - you are an unsatisfied customer and deserve as much.
    There is actually a tilt adjustment on each CRT yolk to square the image but I wouldn't venture there. If your next set is similarly skewed, and you are otherwise happy with its performance, a service tech should be able to correct it.
    I'm moving this to the TV Forum.
    ------------------
    --Jay
    "No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

4. Derick Alba

Derick Alba Extra

From one side to the other there is probably about 1/4" difference. I put a tape measure on the screen and measured each side. I noticed it while watching tv and a commercial displayed a telephone number at the bottom and it was going off the screen.
    Id rather not have to bring it back if I know for sure it will be corrected during an ISF Calibration. On the outer edges I can see the red, green, blue lines. What does that mean. Is that just the convergence off? How much is typical ISF?
    I got it from an electronics retailer at cost.($1,430)
    Obviously I am a Newbie, sorry for so many questions.

5. ScottyL

ScottyL Auditioning

Derrick...I'm from Baton Rouge, La too [​IMG]

6. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

anyone else having a glare issue with this tv?
    is it possible to remove the protective screen?
    geordy
    ps, i love my new tv
    ------------------

7. Derick Alba

Derick Alba Extra

I have a huge window right in front of my tv so the glare is a little annoying even with blinds closed.
    I just took a peek at the convergence grid and I can see that my set needs major calabration. What is the difference between changing convergence and geometry?