just purchased a PSB Image 8C

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ErikU, Oct 24, 2001.

1. ErikU

ErikU Auditioning

i got the center for $200.00 including shipping. does anyone in the forum have any opinions on this speaker? is that price good? thanks
    erik

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas

3. Jason Spinosa

I just got one too, so far I'm pleased with it. Dialogue is clear, and not harsh sounding at all (but a lot of that seems to depend on the receiver you use with it). I'm not sure about your price, as I got it as part of a complete Image series package.
    -Jason

4. Mike Sogge

Mike Sogge Stunt Coordinator

5. David Head

David Head Second Unit

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I love mine. I've got it matched up front with a pair of 3LRs, which are basically identical to the 8C. The soundstage is incredible! I'm using a pair of 1Bs for my surrounds, which I also really like. I may try out a pair of 3LRs for the surrounds (sometime in the future) to see what five identical speakers sound like and whether that really makes a difference.
    I'm driving my PSBs with an Onkyo 696 which I think is a great combination. I've also heard the PSBs with a Marantz SR7000 and a Yamaha RX-V1. The sound from the Marantz was very similar to my Onkyo, while the Yamaha has a brighter sound. The PSB Image line are very efficient speakers, so you don't need a lot of power to drive them.
    David
    [Edited last by David Head on October 24, 2001 at 04:58 PM]

6. Jay G

Jay G Auditioning

I just ordered a set of 2B's myself.I almost broke down and bought a 9C and set of 6T's, but figured I better go piece by piece.I've learned alot on this forum so far,been surfing it for about a month now.I hope I notice a nice improvemnet over my current setup;crappy kenwood rack speakers.
    Jay

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

PSB speakers sound very clean. I like my speakers so far. Welcome to the PSB speaker owners club. Jay G, don't be shy about the speakers. If and when you have the cash and inclination, get yourself a set of 5 or 6T's and a 9C. The 4T, 1B, 8C 3LR's are all nice too. I bought the 6T's, a 9C and 2B's and I am very pleased. Very clean sound.