Just pulled the trigger on a 2004 Giant OCR1!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Drew Bethel, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Now I just have to play the waiting game since it's being special ordered from Cali. [​IMG]

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    You mean you didn't get the special TdF'04 ONCE edition Giant?? [​IMG] Congrats on the OCR1, now is the best time for riding (unless you suffer from allergies), in NJ, its just at the point where you can wear shorts on morning rides and still remain cool enough not to sweat buckets. Did you go Campy or Shimano? I have a bike with Dura-Ace and the Look bike I got after the TdF, I had to put Campy Record on it... I really like the Campy Record's Ergo shifters better than STI, but it is quite a step more expensive than STI. Plus when I first got the Campy, I couldn't find where they release the brake tension for the brakes.. :)

When I was paddling in Harriman SP, I saw a bunch of cyclists going through the park today, it's a great ride as you ride past lakes and you always see deer on the sides. Plus there are some nice hills on the sidestreets. Kind of makes me want to make a kayak trailer for my bike.

Post some pictures! [​IMG]

Jay

3. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Thanks Jay! I'm a bit of a newbie but I went with a mixture of 105 and utelgra components. I'm also starting from scratch and will be purchasing some Pearl stuff in due course (shorts, jersey, shoes). Cycling is definitely not cheap, but hopefully things will settle down after the big outlay of cash.

I'm hoping to be ready for a 65 or 105 mile charity ride the end of June...so I need to get some training in! I will post some pics once my baby comes in.

4. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Congrats.

At least you didn't have to go to TW to get your Giant. I bought my NRS 2 mountain bike there last year and brought it back with me to the US brand new still in the box on the plane. [​IMG]

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Giant is the largest bike mfgr in the world.. I remember when I was in China, I would occasionally see the GIANT logo but that was about it. I did see a guy on a gary fisher in Hong Kong, but HK is pretty much modern and I saw a bunch of "western" bikes there, including some Intense M1s, etc. etc.

Jay

6. Mario Bartel

Mario Bartel Stunt Coordinator

Welcome to the peloton, Drew. Congrats on the new steed; may you enjoy many many kilometers of safe, happy riding.

7. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Kawasaki Vulcan 500 would get you there faster.[​IMG]

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    It depends on where "There" is? [​IMG]

Although I did see see somebody in a nice Ducati riding down a really bad dirt road, wondering where on earth he was intending on going? I put it off as a person who didn't realize the road that is listed on the map isn't really paved.

Jay