Just Preordered DISNEY DVD's...but....

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rhett_Y, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all...

Yup I just pre-ordered The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Sleeping Beauty, but the funny thing is Me and the Wife don't have any kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] Anybody else in this boat??

R~

P.S. I ordered them from disney.com with the litho and pin sets......I am sucker for collectable stuff!

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Same here, but I decided to pass on Sleeping Beauty for now. Just not that interested in the film.

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Disney movies are fun for the whole "Family". I don't have a wife and kids, but I have a brother and parents, which makes me part of a "Family" [​IMG]

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I'm definitely getting The Lion King and Finding Nemo, and I'm not a kid. I'm not sure about Sleeping Beauty though. I love kids movies, because alot of them are very creative and have great stories. There's also stuff in them that kids miss and adults pick up on. But they are just all around enjoyable to me.

5. m.cellophane

m.cellophane Agent

James
    I pre-order any DVD through Disney if it comes with lithos (I get all of the rest elsewhere).

I have 4 kids...but that's just a cover...the DVDs are MINE, MINE, MINE!

:b

6. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

7. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Who cares if you don't have kids? Movies like these are enjoyable for the whole family.

Jason

8. Michael Qualen

Michael Qualen Stunt Coordinator

I dont have children or a wife either, but I have always been a sucker for Disney. And now that Disney have a lot of competition from DreamWorks and Pixar (even though Disney distribute Pixar) its just gotten worse...I will have ALL Disney titles in my possession !!! Muuuahahahahahaaaa...

Sorry :b

9. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

YES!!!
    Luckily, not as 'into' the collectable "stuff".

I LOVE amimation.
    Fantasia, is my favorite Disney movie.

Unfortunately, I am being won over BIG TIME , by CGI.
    Wouldn't mind at all, if all future animation films were done completely in CGI.
    Which is sad.

Really, really, excited about SB.
    Walt said he felt is studio really wasn't "ready" for Snow White.
    Could have fooled me!!!
    However, he thought the studio was mature & able, too pull off SB.

10. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

I'm 25 and without kids, yet at least a quarter of my DVD collection is composed of kid's movies [​IMG]
    Some, such as The Secret of NIMH, My Neighbour Totoro, The Last Unicorn, Robin Hood ( 73 ), The Dark Crystal & Kiki's Delivery Service are amongst my favourite discs and make for superb entertainment on a par with anything 'adult' cinema can offer.

11. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

It certainly looks like we are all big kids in one way or anther

[​IMG]

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Rhett, why not think of all the kid movies you'll have to entertain the kids when you DO have children. :wink:

It's also always nice to know I have some 'kid' movies to play in case my cousins come over and want to see a movie.

13. Paul Penna

Paul Penna Supporting Actor

Just about all classic animation, from Disney cartoons to the shorts produced by Warner, Fleischer, MGM and the rest were designed to be "all ages" entertainment. It's unfortunate that the mentality driving the video marketing departments of today's studios is that "cartoons = kids only." This is one big reason that so few of the classic cartoon shorts are available. Even Warner is skittish about the Looney Tunes DVDs, apparently. The first release seems to be a "test the waters" effort. In the meantime, the Fleischers remain locked away, Betty Boop and Popeye included, to name just one batch.

14. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    I live by myself and am waiting on both releases patiently. Disney should do these DVDs justice, especially the widescreen version of Sleeping Beauty. P/S does not do it justice.

These are prime examples of Disney's great cel animation, which may be lost forever now that reports are coming in that Disney is firing its classically trained animation department in favor of only computer animation.

15. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    I love animation as well. I have no wife or children yet. I have been a Disney Fan for quite some time. I like the animated titles a lot, but I think I am especially partial to the live action family titles of the 60's - 80's such as the Hayley Mills collection, Pete's Dragon, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, and MANY others. I have been waiting for Sleeping Beauty and the Lion King for years. They are at the top of my list of most-wanted titles from Disney, along with Alladdin. On the Live-Action side, my most-wanted is Flight of the Navigator, along with everything Hayley Mills.