What's new

just played the x-box for the first time (1 Viewer)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
I went over to co-workers house for lunch today to check out his x-box...I checked out three games...Project gotham, football and some flying game...all of them had amazing graphics and i was very impressed by all the games he had the sound hooked up to his home theatre with just dolby surround not 5.1...ive never heard 5.1 but i was already impressed by just the surround...by the way how much of a difference does the 5.1 make??...the most dissapointing about this thing was the controler...i dont know what microsoft was thinking...the thing is huge and awkward and the six buttons on the right side are to close together and the L and R buttons just dont feel right...i hope some third party companies start to makea better controller or microsoft should hire somebody from nintendo to design them one

5.1 will add a lot of depth whether you are watching movies or playing games. When you play Halo for XBox, you will be able to hear the enemies from right or left, front and back. It really changes the way you play the game. I actually like the XBox controller a lot. It's better than PS1/2, or GameCube controller IMHO. It feels really comfortable even after playing Halo for more than 6 hours straight. The controller does not force you to bend your wrist like some other controllers and it has one of the best rumbling effects.

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Believe me or not, but I think the Xbox controller is something that grows on you. I think that for 90% of the Xbox owners, the initial reactions are really negative, but I think that a majority of those come to appreciate the design.

I do - it's just a little too big still for small hands. For me, it works great though.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, when was the last time that actually happened?
Many early third-party controllers had a better digital d-pad than the original PSX controller. Diagonals, especially smooth sweeping ones for fighting games (but other diagonals too), were nigh near impossible on the original controller.

This is less of an issue these days as most games use analog, plus Sony greatly reduced the stiffness of the digital d-pad after a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks