Just played Rallisport Challenge at a kiosk

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

It appeared to be a full version of the game, but I only spent 5 minutes on it.

The game is simply amazing. Graphics were incredible, even on the little tiny TV. They spent a lot of time just making the details stand out. Your car makes tracks in the snow/dirt. The trademark tree swaying is present. Barriers go flying when you hit them. People jump out of the way. The cars get dirtier as the race goes on. You can even stray off course a bit, then jump back on. Needless to say, this game is on my list.

One question; Has it been confirmed whether or not the game will support widescreen and/or HD resolution? Can't wait to see it on my 55" HD monitor.

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

yes the game is 16:9 480p.

3. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

Which store was the Kiosk in EB?

4. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

I am SO looking forward to this game. NO one knows Rally racing like Euros, AND this game has Saabs!

5. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Only a couple more days and this baby will be mine [​IMG] I can't wait.
    Dean

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Yep - two more days - me want bad!

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Really? two more days??? Cool, I got a $5 bestbuy card from buying HP toner there a few days ago, I was doing some searches last night at home and couldn't find a release date on it, is it being shipped then or in other words, when will I be able to find it on the shelves of Best Buy (officially, I know each BB could be different)

Jay

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If you get Electronic Gaming Monthly, there has been a $5 Best Buy coupon in each of the last 3 issues. Every little bit helps...

-Dave

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Plus I believe if you buy two MS published XBox games you get $15 off the purchase at Best Buy.

10. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

The store I was at (EBX) has flyers that said if you turn in 2 previously played Xbox games, you get Rallisport for free. I just don't have two games I want to trade in.

11. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

The game is definitely in some stores around the US, so you may want to check around. Best Buy told me they've had the game since February 18th, but couldn't put it out until this week. ( which they haven't done yet [​IMG] )
    -Dan B

12. Larry Seno Jr.

I dont believe that, as it hadn't even gone gold by February 18th...

13. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Yeah, it's probably not accurate, however I'm not sure about when the game "went gold". I did hear that the game was finished quite a while ago, as in late January-ish.

-Dan B

14. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Interesting. When I went to EBX to pick up JSRF I saw the Rallisport box on the shelf, but unusually it had a price tag on it. I figured it was just an error and didn't bother asking about it, but now I wonder. Of course, even if the store actually had it in stock then I probably wouldn't have picked it up since racing games - even ones as nice looking as this - don't hold much interest for me [​IMG]

15. Larry Seno Jr.

Just called EB to check on that. They said all they have is a demo box, and that they won't get it in until tomorrow. I then asked if they would be putting it OUT tomorrow or if they will get it in tomorrow, they said they will be getting it in tomorrow. The guys at my local EB are usually pretty upfront. This is a moot point though! As all of us that BADLY want this game will have it tomorrow!! [​IMG]

16. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hey, can any of you let me know if you have managed to buy the game so far in a retail store? Turns out I bought the wrong toner cartridge (needed a color cartridge, not the black one) so I have to go back to Best Buys tomorrow anyway, hopefully I can get another $5 GC from that and then go try to pick up the latest EGM and find that $5 coupon.

I remember being fairly disappointed with the GT2 rally mode as it was all time trials and although fun, it seems it didn't seem like it was finished.

Jay

17. Larry Seno Jr.

Presentation

Plenty of licensed cars and official sponsors make this game look like the real deal. The no-frills menus could have used more work, though. 8

Graphics

Wow. This is the Halo of racing games. Detailed textures, gorgeous lighting, tons of effects. 9.5

Sound

Realistic, well-mixed 5.1 sound effects and a decent techno soundtrack. Next time, even more road noise please. 8

Gameplay

RalliSport is a highly playable, fast and exciting racer that just happens to be a rally game. A must-have. 9.5

Lasting Appeal

The multiplayer options lack depth (split-screen single race only) and the career mode could have been deeper, but there are plenty of tracks and cars to unlock. 8

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2

18. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

Does it have any of the real WRC licenses? I want the actual 2001 or 2002 WRC and their respective drivers. Colin McRae, Richard Burns etc.

That's what I'm waiting for, hopefully the PS2 WRC game will be out sooner than later.

19. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Does anyone know if the multiplayer mode supports AI cars or not. I sure miss that in Project Gotham and would really like to race against computer cars in multiplayer.

So anyone know?

C. Ryan

20. Dave Cukina

Dave Cukina Stunt Coordinator

All I have to say is [​IMG] This game is unbelievable I picked it up about 3 hours ago and just took a dinner break. The most fun I've had with a racing game in a very long time. The multiplayer is just single race (one on one)...It's back to racing!!!