What's new

Just picked up State of Emergency (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
State of Emergency is OUT! I was at Best Buy to pick up my XBox and they had some. Not many, but a few. Then, I went to Toy's R Us to pick up an AV Pack and they had a few there as well. Naturally, I had to pick it up. Too much pressure :D. I'm not home right now (DAMNIT!), so I haven't had a chance to hook up my XBox or try out SoE, but once I get in I'll play SoE and give you guys my opinion. A VERY expensive day for me ... picked up SoE, an XBox, and AV Pack and Halo ... gonna be a llloonngg night ...
Freddy C.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
How is it? I can't find a review of it anywhere!
Arrrgggghhhh. The Instant Gratification feeling is overwhelming for me to just grab it. :)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I know, me too. :) I haven't read many reviews for this title yet. It's shrouded in hype and mystery. Our local Fry's ad today mentioned SoE, and next to the title : 'Arrives Today! In by 4:00 PM!!" Fry's is never this specific in ads about receiving shipments on new games, so the anticipation for 'rockstar's next masterpiece' is overwhelming them apparently.
-j

Frederick

Second Unit
Oops ... I guess I should have been more specific. I went to get an XBox, and I picked up SoE for the PS2. I already have a PS2 and a Gamecube ...
Well, I'm home, and I just got through hooking up the XBox and playing a little Halo. My God ... that game is GREAT! Now I'm about to play SoE. Stay tuned :D ...
Freddy C.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, Frys have started doing that with most big game releases these days - they know people are desperate to get the games ASAP and this is their attempt to get one over the likes of EB & Gamestop.

Frederick

Second Unit
Ok, it's me again. I played with it for about 10 minutes (S.O. came over with her son), so I have a mini-report:

First, it takes a while to load. Not EXTREMELY long, but you'll definatly notice it. Once it loads, you have a few options to choose from. I'll give more detail later on when I have more time to play with it. But yes, there does seem to be a widescreen option. When I selected it, the letters seemed squeezed (I don't have a widescreen tv). Also when you start the game, you can only select from 2 people: a man that was an ex-cop, and a woman. I picked the guy, chose what I think was melee, and went to it ...

One word: CHAOS! I didn't get a chance to read the instructions before I started playing, so I'm sure that I wasn't getting everything out of it, but it's a kick! Running around, kicking the cops ass, blowing stuff up ... pretty cool. The control was pretty easy to pick up, and the weapons! I only got a chance to use 3 or 4, but so far my fav. is definately the rocket launcher! I'll check back in when I get a chance to play some more, but so far, I'm lovin' it!

Freddy C.

GaryP

Second Unit
Guys,

Just for the record, there is a widscreen mode to select from the menu.

Gary

Andre F

Screenwriter
After the low EGM scores this one sounds like a rental to me. That stinks, I was really looking forward to this one.

-Andre F

Frederick

Second Unit
Ok, guys, after playing it for a coupla' hours, here's my advice: rent it first. I've been playing Chaos, haven't tried the missions yet, but I can see how the fun can wear off after a while. Not only that, but my game is glitchy. 3 times last night I lost control of my character. I can't find rhyme or reason to it. One minute I was running around kicking butt, the next he was running around by himself! Weird ...

I haven't seen a two-player mode. I'm debating on whether or not to take it back. It is kind of gratifying fighting "The Man", but if I'm going to randomly lose control of my character, this is going to become a pain. I'm going to jump into the mission mode this morning. I'll let u know if I'm still having problems ...

Freddy C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks