What's new

Just picked up PS2 Space Channel 5 Part 2 (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I was looking for this game and found it recently at EBgames for only $15. It's a 2 disc set, the first disc is a port of the original Dreamcast version which was one of my favorite games. The second is the jewel of the collection, Part 2.

For those not familar with the series, it's a rhythm game, basically the game Simon, where you repeat the pattern given to you. But, it's the presentation of the game: the music, the dancing, guitar playing (!), the glittery bright graphics, and more dancing. Up-Down-Left-Right, X button shoots (chu), O button saves the humans (now called 'hey').

The sequel's controls improve upon the original, the character you control, Ulala, responds more quickly, keeping you in the beat better. Singing is used for the first time as music filler. Holding down the 'chu' button provides a new pattern for a slow 'chu'.

I've only played the first couple levels, but so far it's brilliant. And at $15, it's a steal.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Wow, I had no idea the controls were improved. I like the style and audio of the Dreamcast game, but the unresponsive controls kill the game for me... once I get past a certain point, it's just a series of "hey, but I DID press that right on time!" situations.

steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks