What's new

Just picked up Phish The White Album (1 Viewer)

Rob-Gr

Agent
I gotta say, it turned out better than I thought it would. Phish manages to cover the Beatles songs with respect while still injecting their own sound into them. Some of the tracks are just great, like Rocky Raccoon. I am a pretty hard core Beatles fan, so most of the time I don't live covers of their songs, but Phish did well. It was very ballsy of them to cover the whole album, although they kind of wussed out on Birthday. The weird thing about the whole cd was that all the Phish phans were singing along. The y knew the words to almost every song, not just Revolution and ob-la-di ob-la-da. I didn't think the Phish phans and Beatle fans had much in common, but maybe I should rethink that thought. Do most Phish fans like The Beatles?
Rob

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
I'm MUCH more of a Beatles fan than a Phish fan. I'm one the few who think "Rift" is their best album.

-Mike...

Sally F

Auditioning
Junta is my favorite -- Fee, Fluffhead and the rest of the gang -- but all the albums are great !

...and I also really love the Beatles but they were a generation ahead of my time so I wasn't able to live the whole "Beatles experience"... I was fortunate enough to have attended a Phish show before they even had a popular CD or music on the radio -- they were just becoming popular during my prime concert going years (awesome shows) -- and I still love them ! What a fun, unique and extremely talented band !

I have yet to hear there "Beatles" albumn -- has it just been released? thnx

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
i'm really lookin forward to getting this album...

junta is my favorite too....disc one mainly (though i love fluffs travels and contact is always fun)...you enjoy myself...divided sky...david bowie...esther..

Sally F

Auditioning
Wow -- I just checked out the Phish CD's online...holy crap I've been completely out of touch with all of their live CD's they have been releasing -- good thing Christmas is coming (hope I'm on Santa's "good" list) :)
and glad I read the posts -- Thanks so much !
Has anyone been to any of their shows?
"Have a cup of coffee...and take a breath..."

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
haven't been to a show...hope to go sometime next year...

speakin of which....their first live performance in over 2 years will be on SNL on the 14th. then they'll be on letterman on the 19th and then there's the big new years eve concert at MSG. oh, the new album round room will be out on the 10th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks