Just picked Up Northern Exposure Season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Moore Maxx, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Moore Maxx

Moore Maxx Stunt Coordinator

And first off noticed that it is not packaged in the parka like the first two seasons. It is in a green cardboard case with three plastic slipcases inside.

Not a "BIG" deal but for continuity sake.................

Picked it up at Best Buy and looked around to see if they might be selling it in two versions.

No Luck

If anyone finds a "parka" version could you post here where you found it?

Was going to pick it up at Circuit City because of the $26.00 price but the two in my area said they didn't get it today and don't know when they will.

I knew that price was to good to be true. I'm sure it will show up on their shelves in a week after the sale price is over, typical of CC to do this.

Maxx

2. Moore Maxx

Moore Maxx Stunt Coordinator

It also says on the back of the box, way down at the bottom in tiny letters,

"MUSIC MAY DIFFER FROM TELEVISED VERSION"

Maxx

3. John Carr

John Carr Stunt Coordinator

I picked up my copy (I hate the new cover -- so BLAND!) of Northern Exposure at Circuit City at the advertised $26 dollar price! Last week I got the Sopranos Season V for a great price, as well.

It helps that my CC is in a 'bad' neighborhood! You have to show your receipt at the door as you exit; for that price they can frisk me, as long as I can keep my pants on![​IMG]

Northern Exposure is my favorite 'light' drama of all time, or I would have passed due to the generic packaging design, double-sided dics and general Universal piss-poor packaging.

Look Universal: we buy these sets because we love the shows and it really helps if the outside reflects the quality of the inside! Get it. On shows I'm not passionately committed to, I say fuck-it, if it's from Universal.

[​IMG]

4. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

The parkas were to help justify paying such a high cost for 8 and 7 episodes. I didn't mind with the first season given the music was intact, but it stung more for season two with both less episodes and replacement music.

While they have good audio/video quality and some pretty nice extras, in almost all other ways these feel like budget releases.

5. Casey C.

Casey C. Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! [​IMG]

You won't find a parka version, by the way. The packaging change was known in advance.

6. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Hey did anyone find that dialog was out of sync toward the end of Episode 2? -- I sure did...

Ted