What's new

just picked up a harmony sst-659.. (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
all I can say is wow..i'm loving this remote..finally I bought something that can control all my home theatre..was a snap to setup too..I am still tweating it's functions but I am very happy with the purchase..anyone else using this badboy?

Scott-o

Auditioning
I'm looking into buying one actually so I'm glad to hear it received your glowing review.

Harmony was just recently purchased by Logitech as well. No telling if that's a good or bad thing though. :)

Scott

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've owned a SST-659 since mid-December. I love the remote. It replaced a Marantz RC2000MKII universal learning remote that I had used for about 4 years, so I was already down to a single remote to control my system. However, the Harmony was definitely a step up in ease of use. My wife likes it a lot more, since she can use it with absolutely no instructions. Even my technology-challenged parents were able to figure it out without any help when they stayed with us over Christmas.

I tweaked the setup for the first couple of weeks until I got everything exactly the way I wanted, but the initial setup was very quick and easy.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
I've owned the ST-659 since March and I am quite satisfied with it. Everyone that comes over, techies or tech-impaired, are able to use it with ease.

Al. Wise

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I also want to throw in my 2 cents about how great this remote is. After the initial setup and figuring out how to get everything organized, it works like a charm. It is extremely user friendly. This is one thing easy to recommend.

Manny

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Scott-o,
for now it seems that the Logitech acquisition is a good thing. Harmony has extended their tech support hours and hired a ton of new staff. Also, the original founders of the company were able to stay on board for what looks like as long as they want, which means they'll keep producing great products, offering (in my experiences) some of the best tech support in the industry, and just keep growing.

From what I've heard from a friend who reps for them, they are planning on releasing a remote that is handheld and has all the functionality of the Crestron at about the $4-600 price range.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Scott Mayfield said everything I would say exactly, except that I've only had mine since January.

Also, it was a snap to update when I changed some components.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.