What's new

Just painted my HT room (1 Viewer)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I was sick and tired of the color of the walls in my HT room (the basment): a bright yellow and a mint green - I don't know what the previous owners were thinking. So this past weekend I repainted the entire basement: I painted the front wall Benjamin Moore Space Black and the rest of the walls Benjamin Moore Silver Half Dollar. After hours of setting up and making sure to carefully protect all my HT equipment and sofas, some of my friends helped me put on 2 coats of paint on all the walls.

Although it is not entirely complete and I have a few minor touch-ups and cleaning up to do, I am extremely impressed with the results. The Silver Half Dollar turned out very nice, I was afraid it was going to be too dark and was going to make the basement look like a cave but it turned out just right. The Space Back on the front wall is just amazing! I can't say enough about it. I can't wait to get the TV set up again against that black wall and re-calibrate with Avia as I'm sure my room is slightly darker now.

Anyways, I am very happy with the paint results, and glad I spent the entire weekend and a bit to paint it! Thanks to my friends, I couldn't have finished it so quickly without their help! I will post up before and after pics once everything is set up right.

PS: the most handy item during painting for me was a roll of Shop Towels (blue towels). They are just amazingly handy while painting and they do everything and more than what Bounty claims to do in their ads!

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=1
Dynamic signature images powered by mod_perl running on Apache.
My DVD Collection

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
BTW, here is the before pic of the front wall (and part of the side walls). You can see how bad the minty green color looks:

That front wall is now Benjamin Moore Space Black, the side walls are Benjamin Moore Silver Half Dollar. I am now in the process of hiding those speaker wires with a white wire router that I painted black using the same B.Moore Space Black paint. I also have some decor to put on the walls (custom-made something something ;)), and more DVDs (the rack is now full). I'll post up an after pic once its all ready.

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=2
My DVD Collection

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I see is a red "x" but I can picture the improvements based on what you said, especially changing the front wall.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

Vanessa

Stunt Coordinator
That looks awesome, a big improvement. I like how the silver and black are reflected in the equipment.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Thanks Shane! I actually have already hidden those wires. I bought a 2.5" white wire hider and painted it with the Benjamin Moore Space Black and already put it up on the wall. I plan to put everything back into place tonight, re-calibrate PQ with Avia because the room is definitely darker than before, and then I'll take some pics of the finished results.

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=6
My DVD Collection

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
That looks great! SO much better. I just hope the silver walls don't reflect enough light to be distracting. Well done!

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the positive comments folks! I love the results, anybody thinking of painting their front wall black, I say DO IT!

And the silver is just right, not too dark, not too bright. The light that reflects off the silver walls is not distractive at all, and the black wall makes it seem like the picture is floating, everything (speakers, TV frame, A/V rack) just disappears into the wall when the lights are all off :D

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=8
My DVD Collection

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

The next owners are probably going to say the same thing:

"Black!? Was this guy in a cult?" :)

Looks great, MuneebM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks