Just ordered Toshiba 57HDX82!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

Got it from onecall.com for $2429.10 delivered. No interest no payments until Jan 2004! Shopsunshine was 2355 delivered but they were not an authorized dealer, I want to be convered.
    I wait 5-7 bus days (I have next Wednesday and Thursday off)I can't wait!
    So now what? Does anyone have a list of things I need to do once I receive the system and inspect the box? Turn the contrast down, I know [​IMG] Anything else?

2. Scott Foster

Scott Foster Auditioning

I got my 57HDX82 about 3 weeks ago, check for a hiss at low lolume levels. If it's there call Toshiba and let them know, they call you back and help you find a local service center to come out and solder on a capacitator. Did the trick for mine, the sound in general is much better now.

3. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I'll listen for the hiss. I have a sony low end receiver str-de 935 (I think) but I'd want to get it fixed anyway. Thanks for the tip. Any other tips for setting up right off of the bat. I know I need to rent or buy a Avia Dvd to use after 100 hours right? anything else? Sorry, I'm sort of a newbie when it comes down to video. :b

4. Gary PT

Gary PT Agent

Kyle,
    Please check your PM.
    Thanks, Gary

5. VinT

VinT Agent

Turn down the brightness too. This sucker is BRIGHT out of the box.

6. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

Gary, back at ya! You've got PM.
    Sorry guys we were just discussing pricing. [​IMG]

I just called and asked for the bottom dollar and I got that price. They are very nice people to work with!
    Oh and Brightness down, check!

7. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

wish I could get it from OC also but I'm scared of no return within 30 days..what if I just don't like it. Going wiht appliance center if they ever have it in stock again.

8. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

I saw that, they will take it back if it is defective. I have already done my homework and have seen this tv in action so I do know this is what I want. I wouldn't want to return it unless it was defective.

9. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

10. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

Actually, turn down the contrast. Preferably to somewhere below 50. No need to torch that pretty new screen! And AVIA can (and should) be done right away, though you will need to recalibrate as the machine is run in. Isf calibration should not usually be done before 100 hours.

11. Kyle

Kyle Stunt Coordinator

Got my tv today and it looks nice right out of the box. The box wasn't damaged at all. I did a 9 point covergence and then it looked even better. I am only using svideo for dvd so I am sure it could look better. Now I need a progressive scan dvd player! Set the brightness to 56 contrast to 47 sharpness to 19 and tint to -7. It does have the hiss though [​IMG] I will be calling them soon.