1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Just ordered the Avia DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nate Nelson, May 29, 2002.

1. Nate Nelson

Nate Nelson Stunt Coordinator

Well, I'm relativly new to HT and learned mostly all I know from you guys and other HT boards. Well, everybody talks about the Avia DVD like it's gods greatest gift to HT so I figured I'd order it and see for myself.
    I still need to get a rat-shack meter (probably will do that this weekend) but other than that is there anything else I need to know? From what I understand, the DVD will instruct me for the most part, right?
    BTW, this $40 DVD better make a difference like everybody says it does [​IMG]

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Well, it may or not make a huge difference for the video portion of your setup, depending on your current TV settings. The audio portion, with the SPL meter, may make more of a difference.
    Follow all of the instructions on the AVIA DVD. Be sure to warm up the TV for at least 30-45 minutes before making any adjustments. You can watch the intro material to kill time.