Just ordered svs 20-39pci !

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alton.M, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

I just ordered the svs 20-39pci sub woofer. Can anyone with a svs tell me what to expect. Your own reviews of this beast. I using a yamaha rxv 1300. Thanks for any reviews.[​IMG]

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Very good unit. I have one of the older 20-39PC which was upgraded last year to the "i" and we still are very pleased with the performance. It really does shake things in the house and stomp your chest.

I have a Yam RXV-1, Acurus 200x3 driving mains/center and a full compliment of double rear centers, dipole/bipole rears, front effects and shakers. Quite dramatic and we like it loud. We never outrun the sub or otherwise. I fully intend to disturb the people across the street if I can and I do often see them come out on the porch and look up. That ain't a jet brother.

Set up and placement will be important for you and SVS will send plenty of info for you and will also be right there via email. They are great and they want you stunned and you WILL BE.

Caution: it will not be apartment friendly. Be excited, you have reason to be.

3. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I ordered mine last week and just checked UPS and it's in town!! Can't wait 'til tomorrow!!![​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry I can't answer your question. Just thought I would share[​IMG]

BTW, did you order a cable to go with it? I ended up getting one.

4. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

which model did you order? and what day did you order it?

5. RickMo

RickMo Stunt Coordinator

I have the 2039PC also. As far as expectations go, some of it would be based on what your pre-SVS set-up is. I've found the bass to be more than adequate, very clean, and very solid. A welcome addition to my HT. I found I had to enable the SV crossover control for better CD audio listening. Placing the sub in the corner was my initial set-up, but I later moved it to the center of the wall (but I may change it back to the corner). I was somewhat apprehensive about its size and shape but now that it's sitting in the living room next to my Klipsch Fortes, it actually blends well visually and is not an "eye sore." I think you'll find yourself with a large, ear-to-ear grin when you first set it up and listen to LOTR or the opening scene of AOTC. The SVS provides a big WOW! factor. Very impressive.

6. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I second Donny's and Rick's comments. I have had a 20-39PCi for a little over a year and am still as impressed with it as I was the day it arrived. Loads of clean, accurate, tight bass...

BTW, the thing isn't really THAT big. Of course, I'm a bachelor, so your mileage may vary [​IMG]

7. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

I was so used to subwoofers that give off more "noise" than bass I was immediately impressed when I heard how clean and tight the bass is with the 20-39i. On movies, I can feel the solid bass but the SVS doesn't drown out the audio from my other speakers. Yesterday was my one month anniversary as an SVS owner and I couldn't be happier.