What's new

Just ordered Myfi2 bundled w/boombox... now question about car adapters? (1 Viewer)

KevinA

Agent
I see there are 2 different sets of adapters out right now SA10102 and SA50002?? SA10102 is supposed to be just for the skyfi2 but the other says its good for both?? Pretty big difference in price in the two as well..

Any suggestions?? save money with the older kit but would I be missing out on something?? :rolleyes

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Kevin - If you ordered the MyFi, it's my understanding that it comes with a car kit, a home kit, etc, so you should not need to buy any extra kits for it. In fact, I don't even think that extra kits are available yet, although they may be in the future if you want a second car or home kit, etc.

But if you bought the SkyFi or SkyFi2, you would definitely need a car and/or home kit, as it does not come with any kits and is absolutely useless without them. I don't know the part numbers, but it's my understanding that the new car kit for the SkyFi2 allows you to use the built-in FM modulator, but the old car kit doesn't, suppposedly. A kit for the SkyFi would definitely not fit the MyFi, as the dimensions are completely different.

Enjoy your XM. I've had it about 18 months, and I enjoy it as much as the day I bought it. The music selection is incredible, and it's nice never hearing a commercial on the music channels. Enjoy!

Steve K.

MatS

Screenwriter
I too will assume you are talking about the SkyFi2 and not the MyFi

you can use either car kit, the old SkyFi kit(SA10002) or the new (SA10102) with the SkyFi2

the new version has a different connector on the base that will allow you to connect any XM antenna to its cradle
I also believe the antenna included in the new car kit (same as Roady2 antenna) has a built in FM loop which will increase performance when using with the FM mod

I believe the new kit is going for $69 while the old has been reduced to $49

KevinA

Agent
thanks guys... lol, guess I had the myfi on my mind because of reading so much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks