Just ordered my SVS!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Pancake, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake Stunt Coordinator

I just ordered my first subwoofer ever, an SVS 16-46pc+. You guys and gals have had me excited about this purchase for months now! Now I can finally experience that damn .1 that I've been hearing so much about [​IMG] Anyone have any idea how long it will take to ship to the Atlanta area?
    Audio Setup:
    Panasonic DVD
    Outlaw 950
    Parasound HCA-1205A
    Paradigm Monitor 11
    Paradigm CC-350
    Paradigm Mini-Monitor
    SVS 16-46pc+ (coming very soon I hope)
    -JPancake
    Pancake FAQ

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jason,
    Your sub should go out tomorrow or Friday at the latest (though there is a small chance it could go today).
    You'll get a UPS tracking number when it does go however so you'll be able to follow it nearly to your door.
    I'd guess 3-6 business days after it leaves our shop in Ohio.
    If you haven't already I recommend you look at our FAQ's page (here: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter for a bit about how to use a sound meter for the best set up ... that meter is THE best $40 you can spend on your HT!). That and you can download the PC-Plus manual for familiarizaton so as to tear into the demo's right away. First time subs can be a bit of a handful if you are starting with no prior reading!
    Ron

3. David-TF

David-TF Agent

Jason
    I just recieved my SVS 20-39PC plus sub, Beware these are awesome subs. My Jaw still drops every time i walk by it.

4. johnathan

johnathan Stunt Coordinator

Hi all I posted this at a couple of the other HT forums and wanted to copy it here! If you have read it at another forum my apologies but I believe it is worth repeating !
    Just a quick post to say I have enjoyed all of the SVS questions and answers. With the information I have gleaned from this thread and others at other HT forums I decided I wanted a SVS sub.

I presently have a Velodyne VA-1210 100W powered sub. Having used this unit for 4 years I felt it was time for an upgrade. I sent Tom V. an email late the night before Thanksgiving. When I checked my email later that day I had mail from Tom V. at SVS.

This is unheard of to receive an answer in a few hours let alone on a Holiday.
    Almost made me feel guilty but it is apparent that Tom loves what he does!
    I told Tom my room was 19X16.5 and wanted to really feel the base! My guess about the 20-39PCI+ was right . He said I would see a 3 to 4 fold increase in output extension over my old Velodyne.

So to insure the delivery before Christmas I ordered the Sub yesterday. Today I received a tracking number stating my order was shipped. Thanks Tom V. and SVS-Ron for the beginning of a great business relationship ! Can you tell I am excited ha ha John

5. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

SVS ROn the shops in OHIO? Sweet I live in Ohio...isn't there a way I can get a demo of SVS subs before buying? I live in Toledo.

im thinking of the 20-39PCi for an 18x15 open family room

-ELmO

6. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Elmo,

It's a frequent request, but sadly our insurance company positively freaks when the issue of customers on the premises is mentioned. The owners and employees are covered, and that's it I'm afraid.

I guess they know about the very large dogs Tom keeps on the grounds for security. UPS finally got over them fortunately ;^)

The good news is that shipping to you only takes a day or two at the most and UPS ground is dirt cheap. Despite occasional problems, you gotta love "Brown".

PS, I think for that size room a 20-39PCi is just about perfect. A PC-Plus wouldn't be excessive for a theater level bass nut but for "normal" people the PCi is still much more than sufficient.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Ron

7. Jacob kola

Jacob kola Auditioning

I also just got lucky on a B- stock 20 39 pc + when i saw it i almost dropped the keyboard trying to get my wallet out for the information [​IMG] i cant wait till i get my hands on it , Thanks Ron and Erik [​IMG]
    Jacob

8. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

What a choice for a starter sub[​IMG]!

9. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

10. jeff_coil

jeff_coil Stunt Coordinator

I bet Jason has his sub by now! My first sub for my first HT is scheduled to be here in 2 days!!!!!! Oh yes I opt'd for the 20-39PC+. I know the excitement level he is talking about.

BTW Ron and Tom at SVS are super. Tom answered many questions very quickly! Thanks

11. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I just can't believe how many people's "first" subs are an SVS. I can't imagine people going home thetaer without a sub, and at least buying a home theater in box or very cheap sub to get by. I guess, like the above poster, I'll probably discredit my current home theater in box sub and say SVS is my first sub.
    Probably like I'll discredit my honda civic when I someday buy a BMW. I doubt I could do that, though... =D[​IMG]

12. Jason Pancake

Jason Pancake Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,
    Yes I do!! And I am very happy! It arrived on Monday, Dec. 9 just like Ron had thought. Thanks Ron! I had purchased an SPL meter when I got the 950 so I had it in the holster as the UPS guys brought it into the house [​IMG]
    When that box showed up I thought maybe I accidently ordered a water heater! This thing is huge!
    To sum it up in one sentence I would say that this sub is subtle when it needs to be and aggressive when it should be! I believe that sentiment has been echoed here a number of times before. My wife simply loves it. She gets the same grin on her face that I do when that thing comes alive. I ended up placing it behind us and near a corner to acheive the best sound so far. I'm sure some more tweaking is in order.
    elMalloc and Others:
    I'm 26 and I've been "into" home theater since I was 17. It started with a Dolby Pro-Logic Receiver and Sony full-range fronts, Altec center and Sony rears. That suited me just fine until I found this website about a year ago [​IMG] Since then, my wife and I have saved our pennies every month(after we put our mandatory deposit into savings). We pay cash for everything because we refuse to pay interest. Yes, it takes longer to acquire the things we want but it is very much worth it in the end. Anyway, it goes in the following order:
    Paradigm Mini-Monitors(Jan.02)
    Paradigm CC-350(Mar.02)
    Paradigm Monitor 11's(May.02)
    Parasound HCA-1205a(June.02)
    Outlaw 950(Sep.02)
    SVS 16-46pc+ (Dec.02)
    I knew that when I wanted to upgrade this system that I wanted to do it right. I also knew it would take a LOT of patience, which it really did. See that gap between the amp and the 950? I pretty much set a priority as to what sound I wanted first. Knowing that speakers made the biggest difference I started there and then made a move to the newer formats(DD, DTS...). The sub really 'seals the deal'! Next stop is projector land! The new Sony HS-10 hopefully in the Spring.
    Have Fun!
    -JPancake

13. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

Add me to the growing list of people who bought SVS as a first sub. I ordered a 25-31 PCi last week. I think I set off a chain reaction of head scratching when I asked to DELAY shipping! I'm trying to coordinate delivery during my vacation so I can have some uninterrupted time to set everything up. Erik at SVS was extremely accommodating to my request and I can't wait to get everything fired up.

Ralph