What's new

Just ordered my SVS box sub... (1 Viewer)

Bill Polley

Second Unit
I just checked in to see if you got it Chad. You will like it. Give it a few days to loosen up. Calibrate and check your frequency response. Let me know how it goes.

Mine is amazing with the helicopter scenes in "We Were Soldiers".

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the post Frank. Now I NEED to sell this 2039pci...I need to work on some Canadians...they pay more for the SVS...and I can get there in 2 hours.:) Why do I have to get myself into this mess...I can just see my wife putting her glass of water on it like its a table...then WHAM!...now its in her lap..muhahaha....I haven't given up on the B4 john:)

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
I got the MaximusThumpditis instead of upgraditis. Hope I'm not too far behind on my PS1 being shipped, as I ordered last week to support my 16-46 PCi in a rather small room. I'm one of those people who thinks too much bass, quite possibly, isn't enough. One can always turn it down.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Hey bill,
My testing probably won't get done until next monday. I happen to have off that day. I will test it here and there this week/weekend but I will test placement and all that on monday when no one is around. Truthfully it is not that bad looking of a sub. Looks like another speaker just round..can't use it as a coffee table but hey who needs one.

Do most people have there crossover disable and phase switch at 0?

Is it better to keep the gain on the sub amp at one level and change the receiver sub level?

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, though you can play with the phase while testing.

Yes, you want you receiver's sub level to be in the bottom half of its range (i.e. around -4 if the range is -10 to +10) and the sub gain fixed at some point. I have my sub gain at about 1/2 and then the receiver's sub level resulted in a -7 (on a -12 to +12 scale) after AVIA calibration. This is just about perfect as I can jack it up (or down, but that doesn't happen) from the couch if need be. The SVS manaul explains this too.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
I was wondering if the room layout you gave me has all door openings or if some are windows. You would get better sound getting your speakers out of the corners. Another big help would be if you could rotate the room 90 degrees so that the TV is on the short wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks