What's new

Just ordered my SVS box sub... (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Chris thank you for posting that. I read the Black Hawk Down statement and I must admit I had a shudder go though me. I am planning on adding a SVS to what I run now and I just could not comprehend that statement. This was one movie that I actually cut the LFE way back, on account of so much bass. I started to post then I backed off. Then you came along and set it strait.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Ditto

Plenty O bassage in the movie BHD, though not the best bass demo material IMO.

BHD is pretty bass laiden with a few spots of nice subsonic stuff, speaking under 20hz.

SVS drivers working here also.. ;)

Regards
Geoff

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Geoff your back prowling around. You must be feeling better. BHD has allot of bass mixed in the other five channels imo. To much possibly. I would have to watch it again._____________________
I am watching Foreigner now. Stephen Seigal has gained so much wait. He Never takes his trench coat off. Cant vouch for the story yet. Hard to stay with, but the sound and the bass is just absolutely fabulous imo. Check it out and let me know if you think I am full of bunk. Maybe it is one of those days where everything sounds very good??

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well it looks like my 25-31pci is out on delivery I can only hope they don't hit my neighborhood till after 4:30 today.....

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Sorry can't do that bill.....hopefully I am right and it is delivered after 4:30. If not I may have to pick it up. Hey bill I will let you know what I think of this sub after I have time to test it. Tonight will not be the best I have parent/student/teacher conference....not much testing will get done tonight.

Eric C D

Second Unit
Here I was wondering if he was a student, and that one of the teacher's comments would be "he spends too much time in class talking about that subwoofer he ordered - I wish he'd get the dam* thing already!" :D

Eric

ChadLB

Screenwriter
No I am not a teacher I have a conference with my son tonight....sorry about the confusion.
No I work in the IT world...Desktop Support...

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Black Hawk Down has some serious bass levels. Chapter 4 (Irene) has extreme subsonic frequencies, probably 15Hz or so. When the screen shows the glass bouncing, you walls should be also.
It actually goes to single digits,but this is the only scene that is like that.Just to be sure though that you use sealed,or an IB sub,ported subs will "unload" the driver quickly and severly,to possible damage at loud volumes.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
WHen does the box ship Josh? I am looking to bump it up a knotch again(from my svs 2039pci) so hopefully we'll see the Baby b4 soon!! I'll be lookin to sell the 2039pci and am close to the Canadian border(MN) if anyone is interested. ahh...upgraditis...why me?:)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Ron sent me an email stating my pb will be the first one shipped. He said it would ship about this week. I am looking forward to it but not dying to get it cause I still have the 20-39 PCi ;^]

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Sweet! what are you going to do with your PCI? I am still considering the b2 or b4..need to sell this baby...I see upgraditis got you too:) If you happen to find 2 people interested, send one my way:) Let me know how it goes with the new sub...I'm curious:) thanks Josh...tommy

John Doran

Screenwriter
tommy,

if it's at all possible, go with the B4. for real. beg, borrow, steal - whatever. you won't regret it.

by the way, did you get the pics i sent?

- jd

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Yup, got them John!! Man, sweet thing it is!! I was reading over at avs (TV from svs wrote there) about another sub...people were calling it the SVS B2...dunno if that's the true name or not?? I still have to sell my 2039pci..no big deal...thanks for the pics, and have a blast...umm..don't start any avalanches:) tom

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well UPS came by at 2:37 when I was at work..I went to UPS at 5:00 and the truck was not there so I went back at 6:15 because customer service closes at 6:30...I had my conference at 7:00 so I thought oh why not stop back at UPS after. Well the same guy was still there and he was nice enough to check on my package...yep I got it. Hooked it up and tested a couple of movies. Will need to do some more testing tomorrow. So far So good. Will need to work on placement.....only have like 5 spots to choose from...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks