What's new

Just ordered my SVS box sub... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the wife hated the tube so I just ordered the box sub. Hopefully it will come soon. The only thing I am nervous about is the fact that I think I want the plus driver and more power. I will know soon enough.

Alan_MD

Grip
Hey, I have been watching the website all evening and just had to refresh a couple times to get the option to purchase. I was going to get the 20-39 PC+, but space, cost and aesthetics were issues.

I just ordered and now the wait begins. I usually don't like to be the first (or last) to try a product, but based on the SVS reputation, I went for it.

I wonder though if anyone out there has compared the box to the comparable (25-31pci) cylinder? Should I expect any difference if I were to listen to the two?

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Which one did you order...the B4? or the p series? Man, I want that B4 bad:) I may have to sell my 2039 pci:) I think you'll be happy with the SVS..I know I am...but upgraditis has struck! have fun! tom

Alan_MD

Grip
I got the PB1-ISD. I'm building a new system, and I'm adding it to Paradigm Studio 40s and Outlaw 1050.

The B4 remains the stuff of dreams.

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
Alan and Josh,

Congrats on the new SVS's, I'm very interested in how you think it sounds in comparison to the tubes.

BTW, Alan, what kind of MD?

Bill

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the p series. I just can't justify spending $2400 on a sub when I don't have a dedicated room for a theater with a front projector and 12 seats. Just my opinion- plus my room does not require it now. I will let you know how it compares to the 20-39 PCi when I receive it.

Jason_S

Stunt Coordinator
I've had two of the original 20-39CS subs (before the ISD driver came out) for about two and half years. Since hearing of the B4, I've been drooling. I've got the dough for this monster, but I'm afraid my "smallish" room would conflict horribly with both the physical size and output of the B4. My room is about 12'x 8'x 14' (WHD). Like any of you good people, I love s**t loads of good bass. But would the B4 honestly be a bad decision for my theater room?

Alan_MD

Grip
I'm an internist. Hopefully that will continue because I just got a certified letter telling me my malpractice insurance was being "processed for non-renewal." The insurer is pulling out of Illinois. I have never had a claim. I'm SOL if I can't find a company still willing to offer new policies, because insurance is required by law to practice.

My monthly malpractice payment was the same as the cost of a new B4 sub.

:frowning:

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Hey Alan.. Be thankful you have a job as there are millions of unemployed workers in various occupational sectors across the country who are not able to even provide food and shelter for their families.

However, I wish you much luck in finding a company who will provide the needed insurance for your practice. Your skills are needed to heal the ill.

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! I'm really excited! Can't wait for my new PB1-ISD. I'm gonna "Rock da howse....buoy"!

I was originally looking at Hsu (as many fellow HTFr's helped me with) and Velodyne products because I wasn't aware SVS was going to introduce a box sub. I am thankful I found out before I bought something other than an SVS. I realize I'm one of the first to buy the PB1-ISD without hearing it, but since I currently own a 16-46 PCi, which I am extremely pleased with, I have the confidence SVS will give me only the best product available in it's class.

Alan M_D: Ping me offline and I'll try to help you with your problem. I have recently sold my insurance agency of many years and was known to always offer suggestions to my clients when I couldn't write them through my agency here in Texas. Don't know if I'll be successful...but I'll try.

Alan_MD

Grip
Hey Alan.. Be thankful you have a job as there are millions of unemployed workers in various occupational sectors across the country who are not able to even provide food and shelter for their families.
I didn't want to get into a discussion on whether or not I had enough gratitude for my job, and I am not going to feel grateful about paying 1/4 of my income for insurance. I worked very hard to achieve my position, and deserve to be paid well. So no lectures please.

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
WOW Chas_T! WTF! Who poo poo'd in your Wheaties?

BTW, my Mom is better than your Mom!

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Actually, no lecture was intended. If my comment was perceived in that manner, then I apologize.

I do not begrudge you in any way. I know how difficult med school is as I have many friends who are involved in your field and struggle with the same insurance situation.

No animosity in the least for anything that comes your way in life. I only wish you the best that life has to offer.

My post was to just provide a point of reference. No more, no less.

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
Finally joining the "SVS club" as I just ordered a PB1-ISD sub. This should settle the problem of the other half NOT wanting "a big ugly tube" (as she put it) in the family room.
Can't wait to try it out, upgrading from a Sony WM-40.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Remember
NOTE: Pre-orders only. SVS expects to begin shipping during the second week of February 2003 for the PB1-ISD.

I myself am debating between the PB1-ISD and 25-31pci..
not sure and will decide hopefully in the next week.
I question things like will the box style sound any different then the cylinder? HMMMM....

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

I understand the concern, I'm an I.M. PA-C in Washington State and we are down to basically one malpractice provider in the state. They took a major hit last year, (didn't they all?). Fortunately they had more than sufficient reserves for one year and though our renewal had only a minimal increase, all of us are sweating it about next year.

If Pres. Bush's proposal on tort reform doesn't fly we are all going to be finding new jobs, I'm afraid.

On a brighter topic, I look forward to everyones thoughts on the new box SVS's.

Bill

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
I am sure that there will be some difference between the box and the tube as the tube is perfect for bass however the question is how much? I also wonder how nice the 20-39pc+ and the new box would play together?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well I gave in last night and ordered the 25-31pci...and the remark "I have to look at the space looking thing" from the girlfriend. Hopefully I will get it by friday...so I have the weekend to use it.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Good luck Chad. My 25-31 was bigger than I expected when I finally unboxed it, even being fully aware of the dimensions and all. I initially had thought I went too far purchasing such a huge sub and considered returning it. But now I've gotten used to it and it actually blends it quite well with the furniture in the room. Best of luck with the GAF!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks