Just ordered Integra Research RDC-7

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Frandsen, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Frank Frandsen

Frank Frandsen Stunt Coordinator

Well,the deed has been done. After 24 years of being a receiver kinda guy I took the plunge and ordered this unit without a listen. With the exception of bass mangement it has covered all the bases IMHO.
    I was able to get this unit mail order with Onkyo's blessing because there are no dealers in CT. My last 2 receivers were Yamaha's which I paid about $1200 for. This is $3500 with no amps!!! Hopefully I won't have to replace it every 2 years or I will be in divorce court.
    My only question is my amp situation. I will be using a 3 channel Acurus for front and center w/200wpc. The other 4 channels and 2 HSU subs will be using 2 Acurus 3 channel amps w/100 wpc. Think this will be a problem, I really don't listen at ear bleeding levels?
    Frank

2. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

Well Frank,
    All I have to say is "You're dissspicable..!" (Daffy Duck) [​IMG]
    I'm soooo jealous.
    Anyway, as far as the amp situation goes, it's really dependent on your speakers. The RDC-7 doesn't really care what amps it's using as long as there are no voltage issues.
    Once you adjust the levels of the speakers with the SPL meter you should be fine.
    Troy
    ------------------

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Try Sherbourn's new XLR balanced amps. They come in 5 channel, stereo, and monoblock configurations.
    They'd match great to your RDC-7's balanced outputs. Hopefully, they'd be a good match to your speakers as well.
    Stereophile GtoHT and a few other reviewers stated the sound only improved using its balanced outputs into a balanced amplifer.
    Dan
    ------------------
    Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!