Just Ordered Hudson Hawk DVD - A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott-C, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I was doing some online "window shopping" a few weeks ago and noticed Hudson Hawk could be purchased for $9.90 from DeepDiscountDVD.com. I ordered it, and received the DVD today, but have some questions.

First, the box cover art is nothing like what was listed on the site when I ordered the DVD. The site shows the green, red, and black cover that says "Catch the Excitement...Catch the Adventure...Catch the Hawk" along the top half of the box. The bottom half has the movie name and Bruce Willis' name as well as small square photos of some of the main actors/actresses.

Now, the box I received is blueish with a skyscraper in the background, and in red letters it says "Hudson Hawk". In small italic letters in the bottom right-hand corner it says "Catch the Excitement...Catch the Laughter...Catch the Hawk".

First, I don't like the cover art on the DVD I received, but more importantly, I would like to know if I received an older version of this movie. It does not say that it's anamorphic on the back of the box (though I know many CTS DVDs don't mention this even though they are anamorphic).

I'm most concerned about getting the version with the best transfer (video quality)...do I have that version? Thought I'd ask all of my friends at HTF before getting in touch with the vendor.

Thanks for your help!

2. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

It`s just a diferent cover, relax! Columbia tristar re-releasted alot of movies over the last year with different cover art. It`s a marketing ploy. Just watch the movie and you`ll hardly notice the picture on the case.

3. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Well, I do tend to be sensitive to the art on the cover of DVDs, but more importantly, I want to make sure I have an anamorphic version of the movie. Can anyone confirm if it's anamorphic? It doesn't say anything about it on the back of the box, but my understanding is that many CTS DVDs are in fact anamorphic even though it's not labeled as such on the box.

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Its the same DVD as before with just new cover art only. Which means it is anamorphic widescreen with a commentary track.

5. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Excellent - thanks! Saves me the trouble of having to return it.