Just ordered Fluance SX-HTB

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by marc_manny, Apr 8, 2004.

1. marc_manny

marc_manny Stunt Coordinator

Now I have to wait 6-8 weeks. I know this is probably the wrong way to do it, but I based my desision entirely on the recommendation of this board.

I wanted more then the 2x10 watts my TV puts out without braking the bank.

Total of USD 322.38 including shipping is not bad.

Now I have to figure out how I am going to power them. Wrong forum to ask, but it is kind of a speaker related question. What receiver would best match the Fluance SX-HTB. I am looking at under $300. thanks again.

Marc

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

Great buy! I have bought from them and they are great.when I got mine, and it took a week. People have caught on on these pieces off gold. I have the seperates. AV-f5,AV-SC, & the AV-BP2. for a 6.1 set up. Mine is being pushed by onkyo 601. They have referbs out there at ecost.com for 300$ I like hk325 and the onki 601. the hk 325 is still in the 400$. These are great entry receiver.

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ecost also has the Kenwood 6060 and 6070 available refurbished for $130 and $170 respectivly. The 6060 is exactly the same as the 6070 minus THX certification and Pre-Outs for adding an external amp later. The 6070 was tested at a true 92 watts per channel, all channels driven full range, by sound and vision.

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    I replaced the center that came with the SX-HTB with the AV-SC. I added two AV-BP2s for my sides and moved the surounds that came with the set to the backs. I'm powering this with a Harmon Kardon AV-325, wich can still be found for $400 if you look hard. Circuit City had one the other day for less than $500.

Now all I have to do is upgrade my old Velodyne CT-80 :wink: