Just Ordered a Few Aerobies

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chuck C, May 9, 2005.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

These things are getting harder and harder to find...they are so fun !!

They fly for miles

anyone ever use these things?

[​IMG]

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Yes sir! I love them as far as flying discs go. When I was at ice hockey camp for a couple weeks back in '93 or so, we had one that we used in the dorms we stayed in. We split into two groups in a hall and would face each other...it was a game similar to dodgeball but damn you didn't wanna get hit with one of those. We were all 12-17, it was a good time heh.

3. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

I used to have a couple -- they were amazing. It's fun to watch them catch air currents and actually gain height as they fly. Their incredible range makes them easy to lose, though, which is why I don't have them anymore. It's like Superman throwing a football into space.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yes, I have a full size one and a friend of mine has the smaller one... Both of them can fly amazing distances and both of them hurt like hell when they hit you...

Used to toss them around at lunchtime just for fun and exercise... I find the less oomph you use to throw them, the father they fly and the more straight they go.

Jay

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    last summer, my friends and i were really into ultimate. but one time we didnt have a frisbee (er, novelty flying disc), so a friend went home and got his Aerobee... what a work out...

6. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Chuck - Target had a whole display of them when I was in there tonight (Fayetteville, GA)...they had both the round ones and the wierd triangle ones.

7. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

we have an aerobie, but my girlfriend loves the "squidgie" which is like the rubber equivalent of a frisbee.
    It's perfect for her because she's afraid of catching a frisbee because it hurts her hands. if anyone has a friend/s.o. like that have a look at the squidgie, it'd also be good for a dog as it's very durable.

8. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ooo, didn't think of Target (closest one is a few cities over). I tried Walmart, Kmart, and Dick's and probably would have tried elsewhere if I wasn't so busy. That's why I took advantage the miracle of ecommerce and ordered some off of Dick's sporting goods website.

9. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Yep!

I lived in the country on 7 acres growing up. No neighbor kids to play with, so I'd throw it, walk to get it, then throw it back.

Hmmm....looking back on it, catch with myself doesn't seem that fun anymore.

But I was always amazed at how far it would go!

10. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

When in College, we developed a little game on a soccer field with one person at each goal and we'd take turns trying to score on the other.
    sounds boring, but it actually was fun. not only do they easily make the distance across the field, they go fast, and they are difficult to stop.
    accuracy was a bit tough, but it was cool.

(and NO, drinking was not involved!)