Just order my SVS 20-39PCi +

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Watwood, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Chuck Watwood

Chuck Watwood Stunt Coordinator

Just order my sub today. I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to input to this forum. It helped make my decision much easier. I just updated a rather poor HT. I know that my components aren't top of the line, but its quite a step up for me. Here is my system to date:

Panasonic 65" HDTV Widescreen
    Onkyo TXSR800: Receiver
    Polk Speakers: RTi100's (fronts), RTi38's (back surrounds),
    CSi40 (center channel), FXi30's (side surrounds), and my SVS 20-39 PCi + when it gets here, hopefully at the end of the week.

I hope to get better separates and speakers eventually, however, this will have to do for a while. Hopefully I will still be able to sell what I currently have. It is fair quality stuff I think.

2. johnathan

johnathan Stunt Coordinator

Chuck
    I just recived my 20-39PCI+ this afternoon.
    Man this thing seems awful big at first but after an hour of listining it has seemed to blend in quite well.
    I upgraded from an entry level Velodyne VA-1210 you cant belive the differance. Even at low listining levels this thing produces the cleanest base I have heard before!
    It seems as if there was so many more layers or graidents of sound I was mising before! But you will see for yourself soon enough. I am one happy guy with this sub! John
    Oh yea I forgot to mention that I have base shakers in my couch and don't see myself using them anymore! No need with the SVS ![​IMG]

3. Chuck Watwood

Chuck Watwood Stunt Coordinator

Ok,

I know that many experienced members are sick of the new SVS posts, however, I just received my shipping email today and I get my SVS on Friday. I am drooling just thinking about the low end LFE that I've never heard in my home theatre. I have over 460 DVD's in my collection and I will probably have to watch many over again just to appreciate the quality sound. I will never finish my basement at this rate. Oh, by the way, I emailed Tom V. at SVS and asked him to include a 25 ft. cable in my order. He didn't answer my email until it had already shipped, so he offered to make up for the shipping cost by sending an 8 meter cable in place of a 5 meter cable order. I mean, service with this company is great, this is the guy who designs these subs and he's answering email questions that he has probably heard 5,000 times. I like the guy. Thanks Tom. I'll probably be ordering a second 20-39 PC + late this year or early next when I complete my basement HT. Its much bigger than my 22.5 x 13.5 current room.