Just missing

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Eugene Viti, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Eugene Viti

Eugene Viti Auditioning

Just connected my Yamaha RX-V750 to a Mitsubishi WS-65711 with digital cable (HD) and Satellite (HD), a dvd recorder (Panasonic DMR-HS2) and VCR (for dubbing to the DVD recorder). Right off the bat, everything worked except........ Recording to DVD.

My satellite is not going through my home theatre, and is just connected to component IN on the TV. Now, when I record off the satellite I get sound & no picture.
    When I record off cable I get nothing. Everything else works, from playing DVD's and CD's, dubbing VHS to DVD.
    I think I'm just missing on the connection side. What should the connections be? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

How is the cable system connected to the DVD recorder? How is ANY video being fed to the DVD recorder (I assume it's coming off the receiver into the DVD recorder?)

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I couldn’t find an on-line manual for that particular Panasonic DVD recorder, but it yours is like the current offerings it has at least two sets of audio/video (A/V) inputs. To record, you will have to connect the A/V outputs of both the cable box and the sat receiver to separate inputs on the DVD recorder. Then on the DVD recorder you will have to make sure the correct line input is selected for the source you want to record.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Eugene Viti

Eugene Viti Auditioning

----------------------------------------------------------
    To record, you will have to connect the A/V outputs of both the cable box and the sat receiver to separate inputs on the DVD recorder. Then on the DVD recorder you will have to make sure the correct line input is selected for the source you want to record.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

That may be my answer. Right now, I have the cable going to the A/V receiver.

5. Eugene Viti

Eugene Viti Auditioning

How is the cable system connected to the DVD recorder? How is ANY video being fed to the DVD recorder (I assume it's coming off the receiver into the DVD recorder?)

You and Wayne may have answered my question. Thanks. Right now, I have the cable box going directly through to the A/V receiver. Not the DVR. That should explain why I am not recording anything.