Just listened to FOUPLAY and George Benson BREZZIN' DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Nov 5, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

I must admit that that 2 channel mixes are heads and tails quality-wise over the CD's. Listened to the 5.1 mixes. The FOURPLAY sounded just fine. Heard a lot more detail, instrumentation and backing vocal than i've ever heard before. Surround sound can be a revelation! The George Benson, what happened to this mix??? Now I know what the term "too much" reverb means! If you take out the lead guitar and the vocals the mix is fine, but the mixing of his guitar and vocals is atrocious! A wasted oppourtunity!

Curious, does anyone have the Grover Washington WINELIGHT DVD-A? Let me know how it sounds and if it's worth the purchanse.

Please share your thoughts?

David

2. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

"Breezin'" unfortunately, is one of the worst surround mixes ever.

It's really a big disappointment.

He sounds like he's singing in a high school locker room. I don't know who remixed this for 5.1, but I hope he doesn't have anything to do with "DSOTM".

3. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

I really like Grover Washington Jr. "Winelight". Also Dave Koz dvd-a is a very good mix in the "lite" jazz category.

4. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

Its funny you posted about a Fourplay DVD-A, when last night i was trying to find out how many of Fourplay's catatlog is on DVD-A. I could only find one of their albums on DVD-A.

Is their new album on DVD-A?

Paul

5. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

David,
    I own Winelight and it is well worth picking up. The stereo track is top notch and the 5.1 mix is very nice as well. The 5.1 is not too overdone, with vocals and instruments spread across the front and the surrounds used mainly for ambiance (as it should be IMHO).[​IMG] [​IMG]
    J

6. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Great Justin, i may just have to pick that one up.