What's new

Just listened to FOUPLAY and George Benson BREZZIN' DVD-A (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I must admit that that 2 channel mixes are heads and tails quality-wise over the CD's. Listened to the 5.1 mixes. The FOURPLAY sounded just fine. Heard a lot more detail, instrumentation and backing vocal than i've ever heard before. Surround sound can be a revelation! The George Benson, what happened to this mix??? Now I know what the term "too much" reverb means! If you take out the lead guitar and the vocals the mix is fine, but the mixing of his guitar and vocals is atrocious! A wasted oppourtunity!

Curious, does anyone have the Grover Washington WINELIGHT DVD-A? Let me know how it sounds and if it's worth the purchanse.

Please share your thoughts?

David

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
"Breezin'" unfortunately, is one of the worst surround mixes ever.

It's really a big disappointment.

He sounds like he's singing in a high school locker room. I don't know who remixed this for 5.1, but I hope he doesn't have anything to do with "DSOTM".

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
I really like Grover Washington Jr. "Winelight". Also Dave Koz dvd-a is a very good mix in the "lite" jazz category.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Its funny you posted about a Fourplay DVD-A, when last night i was trying to find out how many of Fourplay's catatlog is on DVD-A. I could only find one of their albums on DVD-A.

Is their new album on DVD-A?

Paul

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
David,
I own Winelight and it is well worth picking up. The stereo track is top notch and the 5.1 mix is very nice as well. The 5.1 is not too overdone, with vocals and instruments spread across the front and the surrounds used mainly for ambiance (as it should be IMHO).:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks