What's new

Just joined Columbia House DVD - How did I do? (1 Viewer)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
My DVD player comes next week and I picked up The Matrix and Apocalypse Now Redux with a gift certificate I got for Christmas.

I followed the directions in the Columbia House FAQ posted here and this is what I came up with.

Saving Private Ryan DTS

12 Monkeys Signature Collection

Star Trek: First Contact

Jurassic Park DTS

Gladiator DTS

--------------------------------- $21.86

I'll follow up with Braveheart and U-571 later this week and fulfill my obligation. 7 DVDs for around $70.

Doesn't seem all that bad.

Brian York

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian York
(Hopefully, this won't anger the HTF "gods"...they don't have a similar place here with this info)
DVDTalk has almost an entire forum devoted spcifically to how to use CH to your best advantage....
Here is a direct link to the forum itself
First thing you should do is read The CH DVD Club FAQ, which will give you a ton of background, and lots of key items to know about how to use CH.
Other important threads to know about:
The CH Enrollment List: Everything available for enrollment
The Recently Available for Enrollment List, for when you catch up and are waiting for new stuff to become available
The Not-Yet-Available for Enrollment List, in case the other 2 don't suit your needs...
Hope this helps!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
It would be very difficult to do poorly with CH as long as you follow a certain logical pattern. Your initial enrollment selections should always be among the most expensive ones available. Secondly, your two fulfillment selections should never exceed the $19.95 CH price. After that, selection is a matter of film taste.
You did fine, but so what? So does everyone else. ;)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Brian,

That was the link I used. It was posted in the HTF Coupons and Bargains Forum. I think it was a December thread.

I went back the CH website and tried to access my account for the hell of it, and of course it was not active, BUT, a deal came up for 5 DVDs @ $.49 plus 1 @ $6.95 with only two more to buy. BASTARDS! I emailed them to see if I could get that deal instead.

Sarah S

Second Unit
If you want, you can have two (2) accounts w/all the same account info (name, address, cc#) going simultaneously. A lot of people do. :)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I saw that Sarah!
My wife would shoot me though! She hates CH!
Do you know the old saying "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"? Well it doesn't apply to twice in one week! :D
Ralph

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i've joined and quit/rejoined (perfectly legal) a few times and am very pleased. i have 2 join codes that, if you get the 5th for $14.95, you only have 2 more to buy. if you buy the cheapest ones to still count, i figured it down to about $11 per new DVD, including s&h. that's damn good in my book!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks