What's new

Just How "Hybrid" are Hybrid SACD's? (1 Viewer)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I have two different CD-ROM drives which can't seem to read the new Norah Jones SACD Hybrid. Bad luck, or some sort of basic incompatibility?

Thanks,
Martin.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've found a good half of computer drives out there (not just DVD-R drives) have issues reading hybrid SACD. I've sampled many different drives at home and at work (we have a lot of different kinds at work).

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have been playing this on two different computers at home and I have no problems at all with Norah Jones, or any other hybrids for that matter.

I have always found that the quality of many CDROMs can be low. Perhaps the alignment of the drive is off.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I play the Norah here at work with no issues whatsoever. In fact, my computer here at work hasn't had a problem with any of my hybrids (Nickel Creek, Peter Gabriel, Norah, etc.)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Thanks for the feedback!

Alas, I would say that if the hybrids don't allow for the same tolerances within crappy cd readers as normal CDs, then they aren't 100% compatible, at least in the real world.

Cheers!
Martin.

george king

Supporting Actor
Well, I will put in my two cents. I just got a new Compaq at work with a toshiba DVD drive in it. It will not read a single hybrid disc I own. None of them. Really sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks