What's new

Just hooked up a pair of Fluance Bookshelves (1 Viewer)

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
They're sitting on top of my front towers, fresh out of the box. Sturdy build, good color (matches my other speaks and hard wood floors). I'm going to run them in for a day or two. Don't know if anyone is interested in these. I'm amazed at the quality of the Fluance products that I've heard so far. These are ultimately for a second 2 channel setup for the back of my new house. I can't beleive these cost $150 pair, shipped. Good packaging for the speaker boxes by the way. Fluance seems to be a good company that can fill the niche for cheapskates who want decent sound.

Update: So far, they sound good for TV and movies but many speakers can do that. I popped in a couple of CDs and they sound okay for brand new speakers. They are slightly tight sounding, a little thin. Remember I'm comparing them to a decent pair of tower speakers. I have to say that the imaging on the Fluance books is incredible for a speaker this small. I expect them to mellow out and sound decent (for the price) over time. I have their center and dipole surrounds and it did take a few weeks for them to reach their potential, which turned out to be quite good IMO. The new books are in my main 5.1 system now. The real test will be to get them hooked up on their own in 2 channel mode without (initially) a subwoofer. I'm thinking that my Dayton 10" will eventually go with the Fluance books and I'll upgrade to an SVS cylinder for the main system. Treat myself since I'm a new homeowner and it may be the last electronic treat for me for a while. That sucking sound you hear is this long time apartment dweller's bank account being drained by closing costs, buying a lawn mower etc. But, I digress.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
They're sitting on top of my front towers, fresh out of the box. Sturdy build, good color (matches my other speaks and hard wood floors). I'm going to run them in for a day or two. Don't know if anyone is interested in these. I'm amazed at the quality of the Fluance products that I've heard so far. These are ultimately for a second 2 channel setup for the back of my new house. I can't beleive these cost $150 pair, shipped. Good packaging for the speaker boxes by the way. Fluance seems to be a good company that can fill the niche for cheapskates who want decent sound.

Update: So far, they sound good for TV and movies but many speakers can do that. I popped in a couple of CDs and they sound okay for brand new speakers. They are slightly tight sounding, a little thin. Remember I'm comparing them to a decent pair of tower speakers. I have to say that the imaging on the Fluance books is incredible for a speaker this small. I expect them to mellow out and sound decent (for the price) over time. I have their center and dipole surrounds and it did take a few weeks for them to reach their potential, which turned out to be quite good IMO. The new books are in my main 5.1 system now. The real test will be to get them hooked up on their own in 2 channel mode without (initially) a subwoofer. I'm thinking that my Dayton 10" will eventually go with the Fluance books and I'll upgrade to an SVS cylinder for the main system. Treat myself since I'm a new homeowner and it may be the last electronic treat for me for a while. That sucking sound you hear is this long time apartment dweller's bank account being drained by closing costs, buying a lawn mower etc. But, I digress.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I'm quite sure the sound of the speakers will loosen up and improve a by the time you hit the 100-hour listening mark. As you mentioned, you were going to run them for a day or two.

After you've completed the "breaking-in" on these speakers, I'm sure most of us would like to hear what changes in the sound were noticed. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I'm quite sure the sound of the speakers will loosen up and improve a by the time you hit the 100-hour listening mark. As you mentioned, you were going to run them for a day or two.

After you've completed the "breaking-in" on these speakers, I'm sure most of us would like to hear what changes in the sound were noticed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks