What's new

Just hooked Rotel amp to my yamaha rxv-995 (1 Viewer)

Miles Abbey

Agent
I've been reading a lot about hooking an amp to existing receivers. I just purchased a Rotel RB 993 (3-channel) and hooked it to my Front and Center channel. Wow... What a difference! My Boston VR-M90s now sound like what I imagined they should!

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Miles:
Good for you. I have the Rotel RMB-1075 5-channel amp, and it's a big improvement over my old HT receiver. Just wait. You'll want to add a pre/pro in no time.:D

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto for me. I just added the 1075 to my system. There is no looking back now. Bring on the pre/pro!

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Rotel RB-993 too a few months ago, and it really improved the sound quality for stereo AND home theatre. Bass much tighter and better extension, and better imaging to boot too. Now its time to get a real stereo preamp and good quality cd player :)
John, its a pity that most of the imported brands sold in Australia have a large markup compared to countries like USA. The only affordable pre/pro is the Rotel 976/1066. I think the next level up would be something like the $7K Integra RDC-7. That's wayyyyy too much of a price differential for most people. Maybe the Outlaw beckons? :D
Cheers,
Mike

John Carrigan

Auditioning
John / Mike
I live in Perth, WA and may look at getting a Rotel RSP-1066 & either RMB-1075 or RMB-1095 (I am also looking at the Pioneer ASX-AX10 if I don't go for separates). Do you mind me asking what prices you managed to get these for in Victoria; the only price I have got so far is AU$2399 for the RSP-1066.
For your info I am looking at running the above with M&K S-150THX for L, C & R, a pair of SS-200's for the side rears, a pair of S-150THX’s for the back rears and a MX-350THX MkII sub.
Cheers
John :)

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
The problem is that the 1066 is new and dealers are few - the few in Sydney are all on $2,399...

I do wish for one of those cool silver trim models with Dolby-EX...

As it is, it is too soon to buy due to all the recall issues with the 1066 and the 950.

T.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
John,

$2,399 is RRP for the 1066 here in Victoria also. I would imagine there is some room there for bargaining but we may have to wait until the hype goes down. Not sure if I can be that patient!

I got the 1075 through a friend of a friend for a great price I am not at liberty to reveal. It RRP is $2,100 and was recently on sale for $1,899.

One thing that works against us is the exchange rate.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

The distributor here in Aust. states the models in Aust are not affected by the video/noise issues. I have followed up on the DD EX thing also. He hasn't got back to me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks