What's new

Just got Wacky Races for DC! (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Can't believe I got it for 3$! So much fun too. Nostalgic as hell with all the cartoon blurbs in the game. I wonder if they will ever show this on tv again...

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for $3.00 you can't go wrong, but I hated the way the games AI cheated. No matter what you do, they are always right on your tail. There is ALWAYS a close finish.

Kip

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hmm, where didja find such cheap games in the lower mainland??? It seems like all the EBs and stuff have the prices static since before DC was announced discontinuted...

lol, yesterday when i was working, some guy was so desperate he bought the DEMO dremcast... its been running for like 10 hours a day for like... since the DC came out! :p) maybe not THAT long, but its been on every day for at least a year... always Alien Front Online

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, for $3.00 you can't go wrong, but I hated the way the games AI cheated. No matter what you do, they are always right on your tail. There is ALWAYS a close finish.
Ahhh the classic Mario Kart AI :)
I really enjoyed Wacky Races - it's fun, nice graphics, plenty to unlock, lots of course variation, and is fun multiplayer.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Nick, you work at an EB? Do you give staff discounts to HTF members? Just trying my luck. By the way, do you like the steering wheel for the Dreamcast? Which games do you use it for? Racing, of course, I know but what I want to ask is do you find it really helps? Maybe not for Wacky races but for MSR maybe.

Regarding the AI of Wacky races, here's a quote of a review:

"The biggest gripe about this game that i've read about seems to be the fact that it's always a close race. One reviewer described it as "rubber band A.I.". Well, as a friend of mine pointed out, if you rememember, in the cartoon, the races were always close. Therefore, I think the game developer's use of "rubber band A.I." is actually conducive to the atmosphere of this terribly entertaining game. I found myself totally unsure of the outcome of every race until the final stretch."

I agree with this guy. The A.I. makes the race close just like they were in the cartoons I assume. Close but not that difficult to strategize yourself to victory.

The gems of this game for me are the graphics options - ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN and the BLACK OUTLINE TOGGLE which makes the graphics stand out by outlining them - How thoughtful of the software developers.

Oh, what is the Battle Arena Mode? Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread