What's new

Just got Unreal 2003 and New Video Card, What should things be set at? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello to all, I just picked up UR 2003 and a Nvidia Ti 4600 128 AGP card. My desktop is a Dell P4 1.5 with 256 ram and I am running Windows ME.

What should I change my display settings to on monitor, 17 in flat screen Dell as well?

What should I have the Unreal 2003 settings at?

Should my color display be 16 or 32 bit on monitor and game as well? Do they have to be the same?

Thanks to all

Beau

Zenas

Agent
Hey Beau! Well, congrats on the purchase... :) For the most part, UT2003 should be set at the same graphics settings as your desktop is... believe me, you won't enjoy the game at 16-bit... hehe. Rule of thumb (at least for me) is to put it all the way up as far as graphics go, and then gradually bring settings down if the game feels slow. Now, you have a 17" LCD flatpanel, right? If so, let me explain quickly the situation. LCDs have something called the native resolution, which is the resolution that they were designed for. Because of the way the technology works, LCDs are manufactured with a fixed number of pixels, which is what creates this native resolution. CRTs (normal monitors) draw the image on the fly, so they are not limited to a set number of pixels. LCDs will almost always look crappy on any resolution other than their native one. I believe the resolution on your monitor, as is normal for 17"-ers, is most likely 1024X768. So, I recommend running the game in that, with 32-bit colour. Enjoy!

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
I also had a question about my CPu at startup. I have AOL and MSN instant messengers. They take a lot of my memory at the startup and most of the time I do not need to use them. Is there a way to shut them off at startup and just use them when I need to?

Thanks for the help

Beau

Zenas

Agent
Hi again, Beau... I'm not sure how to do it in AOL, but I can definitely tell you how to do it in MSN. If you go into the main MSN window (that is, the one with all your contacts displayed), then go to Tools -> Options. Then click on the Preferences tab, and the first option should be "Run this program when Windows starts". Make sure that's unchecked, click on OK, and you should be good to go!

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit
At 1024x768, you should be able to run with all the effects turned on with pretty high graphical detail.

Sean

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
1280 x 1024 is hte native resolution for the Dell LCDs. Set UT2003 to run at 1280x1024 32-bit color, and turn all the effects up. I'd disable antialiasing in the nVidia property sheet in the control panel though

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
beau :

to disable the messengers at start up :

click start -> Run -> type this : msconfig

at startup tab, disable
msmsgs.exe
aim.exe

there. problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks