What's new

Just got totall scammed! by a member here (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I noticed something strange on the member in questions profile page. When I went to the profile yesterday it said he had been on line at 4 something am on the 28th or 29th. ...when I went back today, it said he was online last on the 27th at 11 something PM. How is it possible to go backwards? What made the orginal entry stand out was the fact that it was 4am in the morning.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
WhooWhoooooooo I have contacted PAYPAL to see what happened.. They said they sent the payment!!! I have never had this happen to me by usying them!!!!!!!!!!! This has never happened. I am on the phone with them as we speak!!!!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Guys.. Come on now.. I am trying to get this straightened out..... If you look at my past history here and on ebay I have never had this happen........ For crying out loud I have been a member of this forum for a very long time.... You really think I would do something like this????

And yeah please show up my Freaking Door... That will show me!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
F&CKING PAYPAL... Turns out... and has anybody else had this happen.. They all of sudden do no like my wells fargo account.... So I had to call and confirm that my wells fargo account of 15 years is still active... good lord..

Anthony your money has been sent again!

Yes there has been scams on this board before but for crying outloud you usually see them from people with one post not 800+

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Nobody has hijacked any of my accounts...... Please if you see feel compeled to show up at my door step then do so.. I welcome the invitation. This was not my fault, Paypal did this not me.. I have already tried to contact the person in question via Email and via PM. I have yet to hear back from them.

And if the member remembers the reason I was having it shipped to another address (which is in the same freaking city I live in!!!) was because I was going to be out of town for a week. I just happen to check my email and noticed what was going on.....

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE....... I have had many transactions on this website along with EBAY and avscienceforum.com without a hitch.....

I am still waiting for the Anthony to respond.... I have yet to hear from him...

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Ron..

Regarding the time, the only thing I can think of is that I am now in NY and not in California.... Which might explain the time difference...

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Here is the email from Paypal:

Sent : Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:32 AM
Subject : Your bank declined your electronic funds transfer

Dear.....

You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal
account.

Your bank has declined the funds transfer.

We were unable to charge your credit card to cover your payment to

For current information on your account balance and transaction history, please
login to your PayPal account.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Transaction Type: Instant Transfer payment to
Transaction ID: 3BG54558CS093205H
Transaction Date: Aug. 23, 2007
Reason:
Please verify the bank account and routing number you entered. If they are correct, please call your bank.

Thank you for using PayPal!
PayPal Operations

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself
against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer
or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will
not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click
the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP019

David King

Stunt Coordinator

Well I hope you guys get this resolved and everything works out. But why in the world did you wait 3 days to ship it?

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
David..

I am still waiting for anthony to contact me back.. Haven't heard from him........ I have already sent the money again..... He said he put a stop on the shipping... Hopefully I don't get screwed out of my money....

Yeah I am just a little pissed also.. The member knew I was leaving town.. I have never had this happen and I hope to god this doesn't happen again... Now I am the waiting for a response from Anthony.....

I have been watching this thread and have sent two emails off to him today.. the day I found out about this.... I am really suprised he hasn't checked his email today or hasn't responded?????? Yeah I am pissed.... This is freaking rediculas....

And does one really think I want to screw up my membership to this place??? I have been a member here for over 6 years and have alot of posts.....

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
sorry to just be getting back to the online world. ive been working.

yes, i got your new payment. and im sorry if i forgot you were going out of town..but what was i supposed to do? let the package delivered after getting the payment reversed?

And to tell you the truth I dont feel 100% safe yet. You can still reverse the payment. the only leverage i hold is the actual monitor. and what if i deliver it and it gets reversed again?

Im sorry, but i had NO idea that this could happen with paypal. talk about easy to scam. you can just reverse a payment out of nowhere? why'd they approve the initial transaction in the first place?

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor

well, two of the days were weekend days. so i think it really shipped out only one biz day after payment was received.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
To me it doesn't seem like he was ever trying to scam you. He has an excellant Ebay record and has been a member here for 6 years. He did not reverse the payment, Paypal did. He told you he was out of town and YOU forgot. Now he sent you the money again. If you don't send him back the monitor you might as well keep it and send him back his money, because what makes you think the next guy wont be a real scammer.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor

So a buyer tells you he's going out of town (whether you remember or not), then you ship the item, and the next day you get a reversal payment..youre not gonna be worried about getting your money? Would you have let the package just be delivered?

And no, I will not sell on here again w/o waiting 4-5 days for the transaction to clear. Paypal wont cover you if the transaction doesnt take place on ebay. not the full amount anyways. If no one will buy from me with those conditions, then i just wont sell.

I had no idea about the reversal. Paypal needs to make sure they can get the money before they let you withdraw it. this waste of time (for both of us) was pretty much all their fault. if they didnt confirm his wellsfargo account, they shouldnt have let him make the initial transaction.

i am happy that this is getting resolved. (i wont be 100% happy until the 4-5 days pass and i can actually KEEP the money)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Anthony..

I am sorry you don't feel 100% safe on this. I can understand that..... Basically what paypal told me, was they didn't think my account was correct anymore.. Nice huh. They cancelled your money and another one that I was doing on another forum. So I have been putting out two fires. This has been killing me......

I know you have received my payment are you going to ship the monitors?

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Even if a paypal transaction was thru ebay you are not protected and will not get your money back.I have had 2 transactions go bad on ebay and the sellers ripped me off.Sure I filed a claim on ebay and paypal and won both times. I never was refunded anything.Paypal told me if they ever retrieve funds from the seller I would be refunded.The whole buyer protection policy is nothing but bullshit.In my case both transactions were for small amounts so i'm not out much money.Be careful on ebay,that paypal protection policy logo means nothing.Read paypal's policies carefully.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to see this is getting resolved, but I would suggest you two talk on the phone if you haven't already. Electronic communication only goes so far in terms of mending fences, IME.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony, yes I would have been worried. I am always worried when I do internet transactions. They are always risky. Thats is the price you have to pay for good deals and having a large audience to sell used gear.

I like to do business over forums because it seems more personal. I like to get the persons cell phone number and talk to them personally. Many times on fragile or expensive items I look for local buyers or sellers, but this limits your audience.

Any how that was an excellent deal on that monitor and I wish I had picked it up.

Good luck!

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to give an update.

Marshall has totally cleared his name. He paid me the money via paypal again and it went through ok. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to stop the UPS interception of the package. It came back to me even though it was still in his hometown. They sent it all the way back to FL from CA. I find this difficult to believe with the sophisticated tracking system that they have.

So i was out the initial $80 shipping charge. I didnt think that I should eat this and pay to ship it with my own money, so Marshall sent me an additional $80 to ship again.

So everything went ok. Thanks for sending the $$ again so quickly, marshall, and sorry for all the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks