What's new

Just Got TIVO! (1 Viewer)

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
I just replaced my Dish Network Subscription with a Direct TV and integrated Tivo and .. LOVE IT! I was concerned that it would be difficult to use but after an hour ive already set a few season passes and put a few movies to record on my to do list - the first show i recorded - The E True Hollywood story just to play with the record feature resulted in Tivo automatically recording a ESPN documentary that i was meaning to watch but forgot about til now - Wow! - The only bummer was that the installer could not bring in a second line to watch and record separate channels simulataneously but even so i can truly say i don't know how i got along without it all these years!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moving this to Audio/Video Sources, which is the designated forum for all PVR discussions.
M.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yes, you will love your TiVo. I can't live without my TiVo. When I'm at the gym and my eye catches something I wanted to see, I actually look for the remote to scan back a few seconds :). It really changes the paradigm of TV.
Mike

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
I love my TiVo!!! It never ceases to amaze me.
I have a Phillips (20hr) TiVo which I've used with cable for 2 years. Last week, I switched from cable service to DirecTV and it was very easy to navigate the TiVo menu to change the input signal. The best thing was that TiVo automatically changed my SeasonPasses from my old cable channels to the new satellite channels -- without having me edit each SeasonPass and inputting the new channel!!! (I had totally forgotten about the SeasonPasses and the different channel numbers - luckily, TiVo didn't and taped last week's episode of "24" on DirectTV channel 21 instead of cable channel 12.)
Did I mention that I loved my TiVo? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks