Just Got TIVO!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul O, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Paul O

Paul O Stunt Coordinator

I just replaced my Dish Network Subscription with a Direct TV and integrated Tivo and .. LOVE IT! I was concerned that it would be difficult to use but after an hour ive already set a few season passes and put a few movies to record on my to do list - the first show i recorded - The E True Hollywood story just to play with the record feature resulted in Tivo automatically recording a ESPN documentary that i was meaning to watch but forgot about til now - Wow! - The only bummer was that the installer could not bring in a second line to watch and record separate channels simulataneously but even so i can truly say i don't know how i got along without it all these years![​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Welcome to the TiVolution!

But you definitely need to get that second line wired up.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Moving this to Audio/Video Sources, which is the designated forum for all PVR discussions.
    M.

4. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Yes, you will love your TiVo. I can't live without my TiVo. When I'm at the gym and my eye catches something I wanted to see, I actually look for the remote to scan back a few seconds [​IMG]. It really changes the paradigm of TV.
    Mike

5. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I just got it as well (DirecTV and Tivo combined). It is really a wonderful product.

6. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I love my TiVo!!! It never ceases to amaze me.
    I have a Phillips (20hr) TiVo which I've used with cable for 2 years. Last week, I switched from cable service to DirecTV and it was very easy to navigate the TiVo menu to change the input signal. The best thing was that TiVo automatically changed my SeasonPasses from my old cable channels to the new satellite channels -- without having me edit each SeasonPass and inputting the new channel!!! (I had totally forgotten about the SeasonPasses and the different channel numbers - luckily, TiVo didn't and taped last week's episode of "24" on DirectTV channel 21 instead of cable channel 12.)
    Did I mention that I loved my TiVo? [​IMG]