Just got the KV-36FV300!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean-B, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Sean-B

Sean-B Auditioning

Just wanted to share my adventures of how I came about getting it. I went to Circuit City just to see if they had the new 36fv300 on the showroom, and they didn't. So I asked one of the reps when they were going to get them in and he checked on his computer. Low and behold they had just got one in that day. He said it was going to be used for the showroom model but they would still sell it if I were interested. There asking price was $1699.00. I knew I had seen it cheaper on Crutchfield so I asked if they would price match their price. They ended up matching Crutchfields price of $1499.00. The rep also told me that I had one month from the date of purchase to find a cheaper price and they would price match it with an additional 10% off of that. So I after I got home with the TV I searched the internet for a cheaper price. The rep had also told me it had to be a reputable company. Anyway I found an internet site that I have never heard of who was selling it for $1125.00, so I printed it out and took it to the customer service desk at circuit city. They guy seemed a little hesitant because the site was some cheap audio/video store with a cheasy website look to it but he ended up matching the price I brought anyway. In the end I payed a total price of $1050.00. Thats $650 bucks off their original price.
    By the way, so far, I love the TV!![​IMG]

2. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

That's awesome, you must have gotten lucky b/c they clearly state in their price match policy, "we don't match mail order or Internet retailer prices."

May I ask what you were using before this set and if you compared it to any other flat screen offerings?

3. Chris Williams

Chris Williams Auditioning

Wow, nice deal! What site did you match it to? The cheapest I've found that set is for $1,299. Oh well, glad it worked. Maybe I can get Good Guys to match that same site for the 32HV600 Sony I'm looking at?

4. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter