What's new

Just got the call to do a play test for Microsoft (1 Viewer)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
They grilled me for about 2 minutes about games I've played. Afte that, they said I qualified for the test. I go in next week, and the payment is a free game of my choice. Since they asked me about nothing but racing games, I'm assuming that is what I'll be testing. I really hope it's Rallisport Challenge!

Jared

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
By play test, do you mean a general survey of your opinions or a bug test? The game is too close to its release date for any significant changes to the code.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats! I think you'll enjoy it.

As Masood mentioned, it's a little late in the game to get in on Rallisport, as it streets next week. I'd expect you'll be working with A.I. Chaser, which is the next racing title they're working on. afaik

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
That's cool, too.

I didn't realize Rallisport was coming out so soon, which is better for me cause I'm buying it anyway.

I'm not sure what the test is for, Masood. If for de-bugging, you're right - it's too late.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Should be cool beta testing games. Playing and getting "paid"..now that's a job.

BTW, my brother in the Philippines just got "elected" by Blizzard to beta test Warcraft III. Lucky bastard!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else remember the commercial where the two guys were reading the newspaper ad where they got to play videogames, watch sports, and get massages and get paid for it all? Some car commercial or something...

This situation sort of reminds me of that.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Should be cool beta testing games. Playing and getting "paid"..now that's a job.
I think I've ranted here before about how doing fulltime game testing isn't as "glamorous" as it appears. Sure, you could be testing Rallisport... You could also be testing Kabuki Warriors...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, I've played some s****y games that would make ditches look pretty darned appealing. ;)
-Dave

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
... I've played some s****y games that would make ditches look pretty darned appealing...
Monty Python and the Holy Grail anyone?

In all seriousness, if it's something you want to be asked back for, put some thought into your feedback, and give feedback on everything you can think of. Gameplay, game balance, user interface (menus and controls), etc., etc.

Testing can definitely be a drag, but if you enjoy taking things apart, it can be a lot of fun too.

T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks