What's new

Just got the AVR 320 from J&R for 399.88 and free shipping BUT... (1 Viewer)

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
wayne? did you need main ins? that the 20watts more per channel is the only difference. how big is your room? my room is around 14x18, and my AVR320 is more than adequate

oh, and hdcd decoding, no biggie

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Rick,

Actually, it wasn't me who was looking at the 320. I opened the thread up - but, it was empty, so I just added my response.

I think the 520 is a much better buy for $85 or so more. Having the extra watts and the additional inputs (pre-outs, too) make it a better buy.

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
well, if he hadnt already bought it i'd agree. if he dont have to pay to send it back, then yah the 520 is probably worth the extra $85

Michael Webb

Stunt Coordinator
woops, sorry, don't know what happened, what I WAS GOING to say was they gave it to me for 399.88, and I talked them into shipping it for free, but THEIR catch was, they wouldn't ship it until the day after Christmas? Oh well, I can wait, I have all the time in the world. And actually, no, I don't regret not spending another $85 and getting the 520, $85 will go a long way at the strip clubs :), and besides, I have no need for the 520, good deal or not.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same position you are in. Opted for the 320. The difference was over $100 though (lousy sales tax at onecall) so the choice was fairly easy. I definitely don't need 20 more watts, I don't even know what hdcd is, and i just have no use for main-ins.
Although I'm going to be a bit pissed if I see some great deal on the 325 :D

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
If you guys have a Fry's near you, they are still selling remaining 320s for 299.99. I almost took the JandR deal (I believe the shipping is free if you order before midnight Christmas Eve, and 'settle' for regular ground shipping), but I still couldn't commit at $400. But at $300, I couldn't say no. Now I just have to decide if the extra surround modes make it a keeper.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
$400 for a 320 is a bargain. My local CC still sells the damn thing at $600. That $300 deal at Fry's bummed me out, but unfortunately there are no Fry's in the area (until someone mentioned the deal, I had never even heard of Fry's :laugh:)

Users who are viewing this thread