Just got some JBL HT Series gear - need help:

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kenneth Harden, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

This stuff:

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/series.asp?SerId=HTE

I paid $300 for the left and right speaker (not each, $300 for the pair), they are in mint condition. I have arangements to buy the center channel new from a audio store, and my JBL HLS 610's will go to surround duty. All and all, a distrubingly good system that just materialized in

2. Kenneth Harden

Addition:

I can get the Harmak Kardon 525, new, from J&R (authorized HK retailer) for $599 INCLUDING shipping. That seems like it would be the way to go.

3. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

I have no suggestions for you other than to say I have a Denon 3803 powering $4000 worth of Mirage speakers and it does just fine. I don't think you *need* seperates.

Congrats on the JBL speakers. Those are very cool.

4. Kenneth Harden

Good. [​IMG]

I am actually thinking about getting the HK 525, I mean, it is a popular receiver with the Klipsch crowd (in it's ability to make sweet music with horns), and for $600, jeez, not cheap, but a darn good value.

I need to see how much money I can make in the next 2 months, and I might pull the trigger around New Year's.

5. John S

John S Producer

Some people here were able to get amazing deals on the 3803, I think that is just a smidge better, but an HK is an awesome piece as well.