What's new

Just got Rush tickets! (1 Viewer)

JasonDNJ

Grip
Hey folks. Anyone else going to see Rush this year for their 30th Anniversary tour? I am recovering from surgery and as a surprise my wife shows me the ebay winning bid for 2 tickets to see Rush at the PNC Bank Artscenter in NJ this summer. She payed a fortune (bless her heart) but we're 10th row from the stage.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
I'll go. I haven't missed a tour since I first saw them touring in support of Moving Pictures. Unfortunately, I set up my family vacation well before the tour dates were released, and of course they're playing the Hollywood Bowl for the first time ever while I'll be in Hawaii. Sigh. The wife wasn't interested in rescheduling the trip. ;) At least I'll get to see them the following week at Irvine Meadows.

Rush has promised to pull out some golden oldies so I'm looking forward to the tour even more so than usual. Maybe they'll play Circumstances, or perhaps Passage to Bangkok for the first time in a long while, or...

Enjoy the concert. You have a wonderful wife.

-Steve

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
I got my tickets Wednesday (17th) for the Nashville show!! I got them with the advance tickets offer on the Rush.com site. Even though I was online and ready the minute tickets went on sale, I still couldn't do any better than about 30 rows back!! I shouldn't have tried for four tickets, and just gone with two, I suppose. But Starwood Amphitheater is a tiny venue. Even grass tickets don't suck (that's where I saw them on the Vapor Trails tour).

I'm really excited! This is the very first show of the 30th anniversery tour. I wonder if they are going to preview any new stuff that hasn't been recorded yet? Just the thought of being among the first people on the planet to hear new Rush tunes (live!) makes me giddy.

By the way, did anyone here post on the Rush.net message board? What happened to it? It's been down for weeks. I can't imagine any technical problem causing such a long period of down time. (I'm Malik, by the way, if any of you here posted there.)

May 26th can't get here soon enough!

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I got my tickets for the Olympic Hall in Munich on my birthday, Sept 22nd! The venue isn't that big (I think about 12,000), so our seats aren't too bad, maybe 100 feet from the stage. Seems like it's the same seats I've always gotten every Rush tour I've been to, starting with Presto in '89.

I would have loved to gotten SRO floor tickets, but my wife would never have gone for it, coming in hours early and just standing there and waiting for the show. I'm a die hard fan, so it would be no problem for me. I'll just have to start giving her a Rush education. Let's see, 30 years, 17 studio albums...

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, Those are some superb seats, congrats. I picked up my tickets last night on Ticketmaster...$130 for two decent seats with no obstructions at the Coors Amphitheater in Chula Vista, Ca. I might try to hit one of the L.A. area shows as well. Can't wait;) Dave

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
My brother ordered 4 tickets (one of which is mine!) for the show in Hartford in early August. Considering that I'm only 23, the fact that this will be the third time I've seen Rush is pretty cool.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Zane, that's an extremely cool birthday--Sept. 22nd--the same as Frodo and Bilbo Baggins. (Okay, I'm a Lord of the Rings nut.)

My seats are about 100 feet back, too. And Presto was my first show, also (when I was finally old enough to drive).

Hey, if you guys want to chat with tons of other Rush fans, the Rush.net board is back up and running.

Enjoy the shows!

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Yeah Nathan, I noticed that when I first read it about 15 years ago. Makes me feel...culturally signifigant. ;)

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
What are the chances that they will play Witch Hunt or Vital Signs? Well, um, nevermind... They are at a point in their career where they will play only the songs they like most. But It would certainly make my day to hear either one of those songs live. Dave

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I'm on the fence.

One, I have no money.

Two, I've saw Vapor Trails and Test for Echo and both tours were basically the same: 3 hours of Rush. Not that that's bad, but I figure this tour will be the same. Now, if they bust out stuff like mentioned above (Circumstances, APTB, say, something like Cinderella Man, Jacob's Ladder), I might have to get tix. But if it's Tom Sawyer, then DEW, followed by TSOR and maybe Closer to the Heart, I'll probably pass.

They should do a tour gear towards the hardcore fans, not the casual fans.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, they played Natural Science and 2112 for TFE, and we got Vital Signs for the VT tour. Also, they dropped CTTH last tour.

They always seem to put a new wrinkle in each tour..

Jason

PS - Oh yeah, they almost play Cignus X-1. All they need is Geddy to sing it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks