What's new

Just got new Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig (1 Viewer)

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
I got a flier in the paper from Ultimate electronics and I saw they advertised Sunfire amps. I had been looking for a little while and the Sunfire was on my list so I figured I would go listen. I got there and all they had was one Cinema Grand Signature series 2. I figured they normally go for at least $3500, which is a bit more than I intended to spend. I looked at the label with some specs and the price and was shocked, they listed the specs for the non-signature version and the price was around $2400. I decided that I would try to pick it up at that price, fully expecting them to laugh at me. So I talked to a salesman who proceeded to tell me that it really wasn't the signature version, the gold Bob Carver signature on the front really didn't change his mind. I knew what they were selling and they didn't. I wasn't quite prepared to buy it on the spot, so I gave the salesman my number and took his card. A few days later I called and had to talk to another guy who assured me there is no way they would have a signature version. :rolleyes:He never called me back so I went back a week later.
It was still there and I decided I wanted it. They started disconnecting it and I was in disbelief that they just wouldn't believe me that it was a signature so I didn't feel bad about getting the price. Then the manager came up and grabbed the salesman and they started looking at their computer. The manager came over and said he had some bad news. I thought ok, it was worth the try. He said "For some reason trhis was marked as a 17 inch model, this one is a 19 inch model, and for some reason it has some more power. I can't sell it to you for that price, but since it is discontinued I can give it to you for $130 more." I couldn't agree fast enough. Then he started small talk with me because he recognized me from the Hi-Fi-Fo-Fum store he used to run. We talked for like 15 minutes. I really just wanted to leave before they figured it out. I said I was late and had to go so out the door I went and never looked back.
And just to be sure it is a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II. It says so right on the Amp.
Bottom line I got this incredible amp for about $2500 because they had no clue what they were talking about.
And I just love it.
Mike

JerryLang

Agent
Great buy. I wish more of us could run into more deals like that. So, how does it sound, and what did it replace?

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
It didn't replace anything, I added the amp and now use my Denon 4800 as a preamp only and use the Sunfire to power my studio 100's, 20's and center. And it sounds wonderful, I am very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks