What's new

Just got my pb10-ISD wow! (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I came home from work to catch the UPS guy, who brought my SVS PB10-ISD. My first impression is this thing is huge, it makes the little infinity sub I had before look like a toy. I did a quick calibration not to reference but enough to get me in the ball park. I threw in U-571 and took it up a little bit for the depth charged scene. I love it, no boomy bass at all just a accurate low rumbling during each explosion. I can't wait until tonight when I get home from work and my neighbor leaves so I can calibrate properly then watch Incredibles or something else. Should be interesting seeing how it is rattling the glasses on a shelf on the other side of the room, without any real volume.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Thats awsome mike! :D I wish I had the money, and the permission, to buy an SVS, but for now I will stick with my crappy JBL PB-8(worste. sub. ever. :angry: )

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
John:

What kind of room do you have your PB-10 in, and at what levels do you typically watch films? It's taking me longer to gather the funds for a PC Ultra than I anticipated, so I was thinking about just picking up a '10' for the time being and then passing it along to my brother when I am able to grab an Ultra.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have a pretty good size room - 19x20, with a high vaulted ceiling, and it's open to the kitchen too. SVS recommended a larger sub, but I get respectable levels of bass. Plenty of rumble; not chest thumping that some might want, though adequate for me without totally annoying my neighbors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks