Just got my pb10-ISD wow!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike_J_Potter, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

I came home from work to catch the UPS guy, who brought my SVS PB10-ISD. My first impression is this thing is huge, it makes the little infinity sub I had before look like a toy. I did a quick calibration not to reference but enough to get me in the ball park. I threw in U-571 and took it up a little bit for the depth charged scene. I love it, no boomy bass at all just a accurate low rumbling during each explosion. I can't wait until tonight when I get home from work and my neighbor leaves so I can calibrate properly then watch Incredibles or something else. Should be interesting seeing how it is rattling the glasses on a shelf on the other side of the room, without any real volume.

2. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

Thats awsome mike! [​IMG] I wish I had the money, and the permission, to buy an SVS, but for now I will stick with my crappy JBL PB-8(worste. sub. ever. [​IMG] )

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    [​IMG] Incredibles would be a good place to start [​IMG] That movie gave my PB-10 a good workout.

4. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

John:

What kind of room do you have your PB-10 in, and at what levels do you typically watch films? It's taking me longer to gather the funds for a PC Ultra than I anticipated, so I was thinking about just picking up a '10' for the time being and then passing it along to my brother when I am able to grab an Ultra.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I have a pretty good size room - 19x20, with a high vaulted ceiling, and it's open to the kitchen too. SVS recommended a larger sub, but I get respectable levels of bass. Plenty of rumble; not chest thumping that some might want, though adequate for me without totally annoying my neighbors.