What's new

Just got my Panny 47wx42 - A few problems... (Please help!) (1 Viewer)

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Are the marks small, light greyish marks that can only be seen on a light screen (like white or yellow)? They all have the same basic curve to them? Toward the center of the top of the screen? Those probably aren't scuff marks, it's residue inside the screens.
That sounds exactly like what I'm talking about. I already asked them to deliver a new set though... If the marks are on the new one, I'll call Panasonic. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since I'm returning the tv, I decided to mess around with 64-point convergence. I didn't see any major geometry problems and I didn't really feel comfortable doing that anyway, so I went directly to the FINE adjustments. It was actually pretty easy - just like 9-point with a few more options. The end result was a much better picture.

One thing I noticed though was how much blue was blooming even after doing efocus and mfocus. Not in the middle, but around the edges and especially around the left of the screen (some of the grid bars in the service menu were around 2 or 3 times as thick as they were in the middle). During movies I can also see blue halos around objects like text and usually any object appearing on the left side of the screen. Is there any way to fix this? I'm assuming you can't focus certain parts of the screen.....

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Bah, I called the ONLY tech that will come out to my area and he doesn't do screen cleanings. I cancelled the replacement tv from BB a couple days ago, but it looks like I'm going to have to re-order it. And I tweaked this one so nicely... :frowning:

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Cleaning the screen can be done relatively easily if you are willing to do it. I think I'm going to have to do it myself after reading through the rest of this thread. I also have some round visible marks in the center of my screen must be dust between the fresnal and lenticular. I took the screens apart a couple of weeks ago to remove the protective and I think the marks are actually worse now...bah! If only I had known to clean off the fresnal before slapping them back together. It looks I'll have to take it apart again. At least I know the marks aren't permanent.
Sorry, a little ranting there. Removing the rear cabinet and carefully taking the screen apart is not that difficult a job. I had the TV apart, screen removed, and back together again in two hours (and three beers ;)). I'm sure its not the first thing you want to be doing to your new TV, but I just thought I should let you know that it certainly is an option.

ethan_l

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having the same convergency issue that chris described on my Samsung could the experts help out here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks