Just got my 60xbr800 yesterday. it's fine! don't see what all the fuss re: pic qual

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by VincentY, Jan 9, 2003.

1. VincentY

VincentY Stunt Coordinator

just got my 60xbr800 yesterday. the pic quality is acceptable in SD (garbage in garbage out, what can one expect?), and fine to very good in HD.

i just don't see what all the fuss is with all the people saying that this is a horrible tv etc. it doesn't have the best black levels, but it is not unacceptable ( i know that that is a subjective term ). overall, there are pros and cons, as far as i can see. the lack of a need to worry about burn in (some do say that that is an overstated problem with plasmas) is worth something, however little.

so far, i'm reasonable pleased, though it's only day 2.

i have two or three green stuck pixels. can't see it from roughly 3-4 feet away.

2. LarryStevensJr

LarryStevensJr Auditioning

Vincent, happy to hear you are enjoying your new GW2. I am also to get mine in time for the SuperBowl. I am currently reworking my old entertainment center and was wondering if you could measure the overall width of the 60". Sony's manual says 63 3/4", but says they are not responsible for measurements as they may vary. I only have 64" available and would like to know what kind of tolerance I have. Thank you in advance.

3. VincentY

VincentY Stunt Coordinator

Larry,

it is just slightly less than 64"! you should be fine!

Vincent

4. LarryStevensJr

LarryStevensJr Auditioning

That is good news. Among other upgrades on my vacation at home week, I rebuilt my old RPTV entertainment center to fit the new GW2 and I have a shade over 64" wide. I don't think I'll be able to watch the Superbowl in HDTV as the carpet won't be laid until the 29th. I've waited this long for the WAF and I don't want to complain now. I hope you are enjoying your new toy.

5. Jeff Me

Jeff Me Agent

If you are interested in tweaking your set check out this thread.
    UMR Does GWII