1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Just got HEADHUNTER (UK)... sweet game...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Nov 3, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hey dreamcast owners (or whats left of you [​IMG] ), i just got headhunter imported, and i must say, its a breath of fresh air for dreamcast...
    I was planning on buying Tennis2k2 at a local mom&pop video game/import shop, but then BOOM, i see headhunter, im like I GOTTA GET IT! So i and its sucha cool game... I've been playing for 30 mins or so, its certainly a new genre of gaming for the dreamcast...
    The controls are very simple easy to learn... You can crouch, go into weapon mode, roll, interact with objects, reset view, and sneak up against the wall...
    The camera angles like in alot of 3rd person games are not very good, probably slightly under satisfactory...
    I just started, so the shooting i've only experienced in the training missions... It really requires good timing to get a guy.. When i first started, i just stood up, and shot like hell, and it would eventaully kill the guy in like 8 shots (it has autoaim), now, i know to crouch under the box, and shoot when he rolls out or reloading, then i can do him in in 2 shots...
    The motorcycle riding is a skill in itself, you gotta accellerate gradually, or else you'll spin and hit the wall... I was really expecting a shenmue-type motorcycle control, but really its more simulation, like GranTurismo with motorcycles...
    The graphics are okay, not spectacular... quite alot of jaggies, textures on most things are not very good, framerate is at a satisfactory 30fps...
    If anybody can import this game DO IT! Its not MGS2 killer, but it certainly worth it...
    Screenshots coming up (movies upon request, or if somebody has a server i can upload to), and a longer 'review'...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
    Horoscope:
    Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Can you play it in NTSC? What do you need to play it on a U.S. Dreamcast?
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Wow, i just found out that i got like the review version of it, coz it doesnt come out for a week...
    Its working fine on my US Dreamcast... 60hz on a normal NTSC TV.. [​IMG]

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer