What's new

Just got a Vizio E550i-A0 out of a time constraint, please tell me if I should exchange it (1 Viewer)

Jemi200

Grip
Real Name
Jemi Bitti
I'd really like to know from you guys since I had one of my previous TVs break and needed a TV fast.

Did I make the right choice with this model?

I can't go any higher than the price (around $857 w/tax).

I mainly game on it and plan to use it for XboxOne/PS4. However I watch wrestling with my dad on it as well.

I heard of things such as post processing with higher-than-60-fps TVs, so I'm thinking twice about my purchase.

When I get close to it, I see squares at edges of faces or pictures or text. Does that mean it's not good quality? I don't see that as much with my smaller TVs. I'd like a TV that is clear no matter what.

I do like the sound on it though. Is it 2.1? Whatever the sound is like, I'd like something like that or better.

And above all, I want the best TV for that price point for gaming.

Please let me know, I know you guys are smart, thanks a lot!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Macroblocking is the result of the low bit-rate of the program you are watching and has nothing to do with the TV itself. You could buy a $10,000 TV and will still see macroblocking on your video streams.

Jemi200

Grip
Real Name
Jemi Bitti
Mark-P said:
Macroblocking is the result of the low bit-rate of the program you are watching and has nothing to do with the TV itself. You could buy a $10,000 TV and will still see macroblocking on your video streams.
So is the TV good? Great for gaming?

So the TV is so high-fidelity compared to my past TVs that it shows the imperfections of the signal. I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks