What's new

Just got a virus from an e-mail!!! (1 Viewer)

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Speaking of viruses, I received one today in my Yahoo account from [email protected]. I think that's Ron Epstein's address. It appears to have an attachment and says "Hi" in the subject header of the message. From what I could tell it is the SCO worm that has been going around for several weeks. My Yahoo account has been bombarded with that email virus over the past several weeks, but this was the first one received from a recognizable email address. Pretty scary because I almost opened it when I saw who it was from. Anyone else getting a virus from Ron Epstein?

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
AVG Home page

You can download a free version of it there as well. I use it too, and haven't had a problem with it yet. And unlike NAV or other big companies, they don't just do weekly updates. They usually have an update of virus definitions at least every 3 days or so.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member

Symantec, Network Associates (McAfee) and Sophos will put out additional definition updates when the need arises. During 'MyDoom' week, McAfee saw four updates in seven days and Norton was about the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks