What's new

just got a sony 57ws510 (help) (1 Viewer)

Adam_mmm

Agent
I just bought my first rptv (sony 57ws510 ) and obviously am still in the tweaking phase. However I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer
1) I use direct tv with no basic cable---can I program favorites and use the pic in pic feature with direct tv only? I have not been able to do so yet, and it would really suck if this will not be available.

2) sony provides the following 3 options when watching tv or direct tv to be specific --cinemotion, progressive, interlaced. when and where should I use these options (sometimes one looks better than the other, but not a major difference anytime) i have a samsung hd931 and am using the dvi out.On dvd's I cannot switch any of the above options, is this from the dvd player?

As you can see I have alot to learn and will be very appreciative of anyone who can shed some light on the situation.

thanks

RyanSoares

Stunt Coordinator
hey adam sorry i can't answer your first question but for the second... sony states in the manual that cinemotion is for watching movies, interlaced is for watching fast moving scenes and progressive is for watching still images.... the reason why you can't adjust these settings when watching a dvd is because the dvd picture processing takes precedence over the tv's, so tv's progressive mode will be disabled in favour of the dvd's

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think to use the PIP funtions and other features, you are not going to be able to use the DVI connection.

I think once on the DVI connection, the set turns off most other funtions and features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks